Wylie Preparatory Academy
- Wylie Preparatory Academy is a private Christian school that utilizes an integrated instructional approach to education in order to produce a higher degree of academic achievement.
- The school is essentially a concrete expression of University-Model School. There are two proven elements of educational success: the professional instruction of a classroom teacher and the one-on-one instruction and/or guidance of each student's parent.
- Other proven elements which are a part of this school's programming include low student/teacher ratios, hands-on learning, a strong work ethic for students, effective curriculum and local school operation and management.
- Wylie Prep received SACS accreditation through AdvancED in June of 2010. AdvancED is an international accrediting agency serving over 27,000 private and public schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||25|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 31|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
- Wylie Preparatory Academy is a certified University-Model school . In this school model, students spend part of the week in the classroom under the instruction of a teacher. They spend the other days of the week completing their assignments under the guidance of their parents. Students benefit from both the professional instruction of a classroom and the one-on-one interaction with their parents. In the spring of 2010, WPA opened their Skyview campus in Wylie, TX with our junior high and high school classes. For the fall of 2011, all students K-12 will be at our beautiful campus. This campus will allow for the addition of more classes and will allow room to fully develop our sports and extracurricular programs. Please visit our website for details about our admission process and the dates for our next scheduled Information Meetings.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- GarlandGrades: PK-12 | 344 students
1516 Lavon Drive
Garland, TX 75040
- PlanoGrades: PK-12 | 112 students
1701 East Park Boulevard
Plano, TX 75074
- RichardsonGrades: K-12 | 33 students
1221 W Campbell Rd, # 209
Richardson, TX 75080
- DallasGrades: PK-12 | 905 students
15720 Hillcrest Road
Dallas, TX 75248
- WylieGrades: PK-1 | 79 students
100 N 1st St
Wylie, TX 75098
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.