Bridge Builder Academy
Photo of Judge Cyndi Wheless speaking to new families.Because of our Special Ed Certified teachers, we work successfully with children that have many different learning differences including ADD, ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Anxiety, Auditory Processing Disorder, Dyslexia Dysgraphia Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, Gifted & Talented, Language Processing Disorder, Memory struggles, TBI and many others.
The educational options at Bridge Builder Academy are highly customized specifically for your child. Your child?'s learning needs, learning styles, learning methods, learning locations, learning personalities & even the best times of day and days of the week are designed around what is best for them. We customize the what, when, where, and how specially for your child.
Bridge Builder Academy is one of the Premier educational establishments in Texas. With our Exclusive one on one approach we have been successfully building bridges to academic success for 9 years for students across the DFW area. We have a rolling admission process. New students can be enrolled throughout the year when space and a certified teacher are available.
'Under the skilled leadership of co-owner and Head of School Teresa Bronsky, Bridge Builder Academy has earned a reputation over the past decade as one of the leading private institutions of primary and secondary education in the Dallas/Fort Worth area...' - A recent Proclamation from the Texas House of Representatives
Bridge Builder Academy receiving proclamations from the Texas House of Representatives, The Texas Senate and Governor Greg Abbott, along with a wonderful welcome from Mayor of Richardson Paul Voelker!
- Bridge Builder Academy is one of the Premier private school in the DFW area. We specialize in providing the highest quality of our Exclusive One-on-One instruction (never in groups) by customizing educational programs based on the individual needs of students. We develop programs based on the learning style and skill level of the student, not based on their grade level. Almost all of our teaching staff have MASTERS DEGREES and are CERTIFIED TEACHERS. Our highly trained and qualified teachers work with students one-on-one, in the least restrictive and most comfortable environment, be it their home or our classrooms. Some of our students are required to work only for 2 to 3 hours a day, so that they can have time for their other assignments, such as tennis, golf, swimming, gymnastics, acting, music, or any other activity. Our teachers are experienced and in teaching kids with learning differences and gifted/talented as well. Fully Accredited with: - Advanc-Ed - North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement - Northwest Accreditation Commission - Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||: ADD, ADHD, Aspersers, students all across the Autism Spectrum, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, TBI, and Twice Exceptional, plus many other learning differences.|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus (AB & BC), Calculus AB 1, Calculus AB 2, Computer Science A, English Literature and Composition 1, English Literature and Composition 2, Environmental Science, Latin, Physics B, Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, Physics C: Mechanics, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2|
|Average SAT score||1560|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Because every child has an individualized learning plan the tuition varies depending on the Educational Option (Full Time K-12, Public/Private School Augmentation, Homeschool Assistance, Homework Support, Supplemental & Developmental Enrichment|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michelle Hoover|
|Admissions Associate||Teresa A. Bronsky|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Game Theory Club, Robotics Club, Strategy Game Clu|
- Every student is taught one-on-one with a teacher at their level.
- Bridge Builder Academy is a Full-Time Private School, Home School Support, Public School Supplementary and Tutoring Center all in one.
- Our students spend only 2 to 4 hours per day in the classroom
- Our teachers have MASTERS DEGREES and are CERTIFIED and HIGHLY QUALIFIED. We also have COLLEGE PROFESSORS that are accessible to teach our students.
- We teach students that do not fit into traditional and/or private schools for many different reasons.
- We teach students with learning differences.
- We teach students who are Gifted and Talented.
- We teach students that are "professional children" (these are children that are already working a careers, such as actors, actresses, singers, ice skaters, ballet dancer, or a career that simply doesn't permit them to attend traditional style schools for their education.)
- We offer DUAL CREDIT and AP courses.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PlanoGrades: 3-12 | 126 students
6000 Custer Rd. Building 7
Plano, TX 75023
- DallasGrades: 1-12 | 172 students
16150 Preston Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
- DallasGrades: PK-12 | 905 students
15720 Hillcrest Road
Dallas, TX 75248
- MckinneyGrades: PK-12 | 359 students
808 S. College Street
Mckinney, TX 75069
- FriscoGrades: PK-12 | 968 students
5000 Academy Drive
Frisco, TX 75034
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.