Yeshiva Derech Hatorah
- Yeshiva Derech HaTorah (YDH) was founded on the premise of clearly defined philosophies and firm commitments that lend to it the quality of uniqueness.
- YDH is an all-boys Yeshiva dedicated exclusively to the type of intensive Torah environment and educational program necessary for boys to become prepared as Talmidei Chachamim and for placement in the Yeshiva high school of their choice.
- Our Yeshiva is dedicated to the concept of “Torah Im Derech Eretz”.
- General Studies is presented with seriousness. Students expect to go on to college and into professions.
- Additionally, the importance of general knowledge is viewed as enriching an individual's life, as well as an understanding of Torah.
- The Yeshiva seeks to develop a well-rounded young man not only academically, but socially as well.
- In addition to an intensive educational program, our Yeshiva instills in its students a sense of responsibility, personal as well as social.
- This is achieved by providing a varied program of extracurricular activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The Jewish Community Day School Association (SSDSA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest Hills Grades: 7-12 | 101 students
11945 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718)263-5500 9 7-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.