Youth Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- It is the desire and mission of Youth Christian School to minister to today's youth and to assist parents in bringing their child/children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- Youth Christian School provides a Christ-Centered, quality education that is both academically and spiritually challenging, preparing today's youth for the rigorous demands of college and a future in Christian service.
- We are committed to enhancing the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional well-being of each student under the direction of our Lord and Savior.
- The Bible and its teachings are the basis of our philosophy and are integrated into each academic class.
- The overwhelming influence at Youth Christian School is to be a Bible-believing Christian.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Powder Springs Grades: NS-12 | 308 students
4665 Macland Road
Powder Springs, GA 30127
(678)831-1062 5.3 NS-12
- Lithia Springs Grades: PK-12 | 61 students
2548 Vulcan Dr
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
(770)941-5406 5.3 PK-12
- Powder Springs Grades: PK-8 | 306 students
4635 Dallas Highway
Powder Springs, GA 30127
(770)590-1866 7.7 PK-8
I am a very satisfied parent of three children who have attended Youth Christian School for many years. Two have graduated and proceeded on to a higher education at University's here in Georgia. My youngest child is still attending YCS going into the 5th grade. The quality of academic programs, teachers and facilities are outstanding. The school has a wonderful music program and has Christmas and spring programs that excel like none other. My son has played football and basketball, and my two daughters have played basketball and cheered for YCS. All of the sports programs are competitive and challenges their athletes to strive to do their best. Each one of my children have done outstanding in their state wide testing exceeding much higher than their grade levels. I must say that as I encourage on my end the credit for their academic success comes from Youth Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - Chris
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.