71st Street KinderCare
Our teachers and staff are passionate about educating and nurturing children, and the majority of our teachers have extensive experience within the childcare industry.
We also have many teachers who already have, or are working towards their Childhood Development Associate Credentials, Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in the education field.
As a corporate team, everyone strives for excellence through continuing education.
For instance, we attend bi-annual professional development trainings, college courses and seminars to ensure we are evolving and expanding our teaching knowledge.
In addition, teachers are trained and have up-to-date certifications in both CPR and First Aid.
At the end of the day, the key to our success is the passion for teaching and love of learning that we all share.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- KinderCare Learning Center at 71st and Yale is a three star, NAEYC accredited center. We are located in a prime area and close to local businesses. We take pride in the care we offer to our families, and we make sure that every child leaves with a smile on their face. Our teachers are highly trained and certified in the field of early childhood education which allows us to offer you the best care. We follow NAEYC's best practices while sticking to a strong curriculum that lets every child explore and discover their possibilities. Your child is our number one priority.
- All teachers and staff are CPR/FIRST AID certified. Each teacher is required to complete 20 hours of professional development each year. To enter the building you must have a code that is only given to families and staff.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Kindustry Acceptance - NACCRRA- DHS
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for 71st Street KinderCare?
The application deadline for 71st Street KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse 71st Street KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.