A Step Ahead Preschool
- A Step Ahead School was established in 1993. The Educational Director/Owner is a graduate of Seton hall University.
- She holds a Masters Degree in Education with a Minor in Psychology, and Teacher Certifications in Spanish, Psychology and English As A Second language.
- She graduated with honors a member of Kappa Delta Pi Xi Gamma Chapter.
- Her experience includes working for Seton Hall University's ESL department developing curriculum, also as an Adjunct Professor teaching undergraduate Remedial Reading, Reading through the use of computers and ESL to foreign and exchange students.
- Prior to opening A Step Ahead School she was a Tenured Teacher employed by the Palisades Park, N.J. Board of Education as a Teacher of Spanish in the Junior Senior High School and as a Kindergarten through eighth grade ESL teacher for Lindbergh School.
- We at "A Step Ahead School" believe that if a child is in an environment where he or she is happy then that child will thrive.
- The first five years of life are the most important, here a child develops physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Bergen Grades: PK-K | 31 students
7424 4th Ave # 26
North Bergen, NJ 07047
(201)854-4606 0.1 PK-K
- West New York Grades: PK-8 | 201 students
6408 Palisade Avenue
West New York, NJ 07093
(201)861-3227 0.7 PK-8
- West New York Grades: K-1 | 37 students
7000 Kennedy Blvd E
West New York, NJ 07093
(201)854-9900 0.8 K-1
- Fairview Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
Fourth - Walker Sts
Fairview, NJ 07022
(201)945-2212 1.3 PK-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.