St. Joseph Of The Palisades Elementary School
Tel: (201) 861-3227
St. Joseph Of The Palisades Elementary School Photo #3 - The 6th grade students at St. Joseph of the Palisades Elementary (pictured) are using brand new iPads as a fun resource for learning.
- At St. Joseph of the Palisades Elementary School, we believe that our parents are the primary educators of their children and as a natural consequence therefore, the school can only build upon the foundation laid by the home.
- We strive to provide an atmosphere where a total Christian education is possible - one that is spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and cultural.
- This process is to be carried on within a definite context of Christian values and religious truth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our Mission St. Joseph of the Palisades Elementary School strives to provide God’s children with a Catholic education that instills life-long learning. Our goal, as educators, is to incorporate an active faith, and solid morals within a strong community that is diverse and accepting.
- To accomplish these goals, St. Joseph of the Palisades aspires to provide a safe and caring learning environment for its students that is academically challenging and holds high expectations for all students. As educators, we fully recognize the basic truth that parents are the primary educators of their children. Therefore, we may only build upon the foundation laid by the home. Consequently, the faculty fosters a family model of education providing an open relationship between teacher and student. This allows us to maintain a strong, positive, and collaborative relationship with parents. In all that we do, the faculty and administration respects and celebrates the unique gifts God has given each student and challenges the student to develop those gifts and reach their fullest potential.
- Our purpose is to build a family that encourages the pursuit of knowledge and is guided by the service of God.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Union City Grades: PK-8 | 302 students
1601 Central Ave
Union City, NJ 07087
(201) 863-4112 2.4 PK-8
- Englewood Grades: PK-8 | 436 students
435 Lydecker Street
Englewood, NJ 07631
(201) 568-5566 8.2 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.