A.W. Spalding Elementary School
The front drive and entrance to AWS. All students are dropped off and picked up at the front of the building.
AWS students have many worship opportunities each week including a chapel period at the Collegedale SDA Church.
Active playtime outdoors is an important part of the day for all AWS students. The large playground provide many different types of activities and the students have lots of fun.
Hands on and active learning are a big part of the educational program for the younger grades at AWS.
- A.W. Spalding is a Christian community of learners dedicated to extraordinary accomplishments.
- The school seeks to inspire its learners to think deeply, live fully, serve unselfishly, and love God completely.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants/shorts, School skirt, crested polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,175|
|Tuition Notes||Includes application fee, registration, and 10 months tuition at $485 per month.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Tom Fogg|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AWS Band, AWS Handbell Choir, AWS Robotics, AWS String Orchestra, AWS Yearbook Club AWS Band, AWS Robotics, AWS Handbell Choir,
AWS String Orchestra,
AWS Yearbook Club,
- A.W. Spalding is a co-ed PreKindergarten to 5th grade day school operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. AWS has been located at the same place on the campus of Southern Adventist University since 1958. AWS offers a daily Bible class along with the core curriculum which includes: Language Arts, Mathmatics, Physical Educaation, Reading, Science, Social Studies and Technology. In addition, there are many Fine Arts choices to choose from including: general classroom music, band (5th grade), choirs, strings, and visual arts. AWS also has a computer lab and mobile cart for laptop computers. AWS also runs an after school intramural program and after school child care to 6:00 p,m. Mondays to Thursdays and to 4:00 p.m. on Fridays.
- AWS is located on the campus of Southern Adventist University and enjoys a close working relationship with the university. Students are able to interact with university professors, as well as use the various facilities on campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChattanoogaGrades: PK-12 | 466 students
7815 Shallowford Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37421
ChattanoogaGrades: PK-5 | 108 students
6605 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
CollegedaleGrades: 6-8 | 176 students
Po Box 598
Collegedale, TN 37315
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?