A.W. Spalding Elementary School
Tel: (423) 396-2122
A.W. Spalding Elementary School Photo #2 - The front drive and entrance to AWS. All students are dropped off and picked up at the front of the building.
A.W. Spalding Elementary School Photo #3 - AWS students have many worship opportunities each week including a chapel period at the Collegedale SDA Church.
A.W. Spalding Elementary School Photo #4 - Each classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard that the students get to interact with each day.
A.W. Spalding Elementary School Photo #5 - Active playtime outdoors is an important part of the day for all AWS students. The large playground provide many different types of activities and the students have lots of fun.
A.W. Spalding Elementary School Photo #6 - AWS has quality teachers dedicated to helping the children learn and reach their potential.
A.W. Spalding Elementary School Photo #7 - AWS teachers use their creative abilities to set up classrooms that are neat learning spaces.
A.W. Spalding Elementary School Photo #8 - Hands on and active learning are a big part of the educational program for the younger grades at AWS.
A.W. Spalding is a Christian community of learners dedicated to extraordinary accomplishments.
The school seeks to inspire its learners to think deeply, live fully, serve unselfishly, and love God completely.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants/shorts, School skirt, crested polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,175|
|Tuition Notes||Includes application fee, registration, and 10 months tuition at $485 per month.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Tom Fogg|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AWS Band, AWS Handbell Choir, AWS Robotics, AWS String Orchestra, AWS Yearbook Club|
- A.W. Spalding is a co-ed PreKindergarten to 5th grade day school operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. AWS has been located at the same place on the campus of Southern Adventist University since 1958. AWS offers a daily Bible class along with the core curriculum which includes: Language Arts, Mathmatics, Physical Educaation, Reading, Science, Social Studies and Technology. In addition, there are many Fine Arts choices to choose from including: general classroom music, band (5th grade), choirs, strings, and visual arts. AWS also has a computer lab and mobile cart for laptop computers. AWS also runs an after school intramural program and after school child care to 6:00 p,m. Mondays to Thursdays and to 4:00 p.m. on Fridays.
- AWS is located on the campus of Southern Adventist University and enjoys a close working relationship with the university. Students are able to interact with university professors, as well as use the various facilities on campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Collegedale Grades: 6-8 | 196 students
4856 College Dr. E
Collegedale, TN 37315
(423) 396-3020 0 6-8
- Chattanooga Grades: PK-5 | 109 students
6605 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
(423) 894-3200 6.9 PK-5
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.