5.00 (1 review)
Abiqua Academy Photo #2 - Every Monday, we start the week with an old fashioned assembly, called Family Time. Various grades present, we say the Pledge, and the Abiqua pledge: "Today I will honor peoples differences. I will do what I want done to me. People and their property will be safe. I will show good sportsmanship in what I say, play and do..."
Abiqua Academy Photo #3 - 1st and 2nd grade students write and illustrate books throughout the school year. They share these books with parents during a special event, "Author's Tea".
Abiqua Academy Photo #4 - MAC (Mature Adult Class - 5th and 6th grade) students smiling over science explorations.
Abiqua Academy Photo #5 - Abiqua offers after school classes called Abiqua Adventures that include everything from robotics, cooking, and athletics to drama. The middle school drama is a very popular program that usually includes around 30 students. Recent performances have included Annie and Bye Bye Birdie. For 2017, our students are presenting The Lion King!
Abiqua Academy Photo #6 - High school students and a biology teacher exploring Abiqua's new state of the art science lab. In addition to honors courses and 5 languages, Abiqua offers more AP courses than any high school in the Salem area.
Abiqua Academy Photo #7 - "Traveling School" provides students at all grade levels the opportunity to expand their learning outside of the classroom. Field trips include visits to local farms, the Oregon coast, museums and other amazing places in the Willamette Valley.
- Abiqua Academy provides an extraordinary academic environment nurturing curious, imaginative and constructive thinkers, to be enthusiastic life-long learners and to become compassionate citizens of their community and the world. Abiqua offers Salem and Willamette Valley area students personalized instruction and learning from PreK-12.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,185|
|Tuition Notes||Lower School Tuition, effective for the calendar year 2018-19|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Missy Samiee|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Wizards, Drama, Horticulture, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Art in various mediums, Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Hip Hop Dance
- Elements of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) are integrated throughout Abiqua's curriculum. Abiqua's thematic teaching is engaging and creates life-long learners.
- The school is divided as follows: Lower School (Pre-K thru 4th grade), Middle School (5th-8th grade), High School (9th-12 grade).
- Students are allowed to progress at their own pace and not restricted to traditional age level programs. For instance, pre-algebra, algebra and even geometry are available to middle school age students.
- The curriculum for grades Pre-K to Grade 8 includes enrichment classes taught by specialists such as Spanish, Art, Physical Education and Music.
- After school "Adventures" include beginning and advance Robotics, Drama, Chess, Choir, Hip-Hop Dance, Cooking, as well as numerous music and art classes.
- Abiqua's middle school sports teams include Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, and Track and Field.
- Before and after-school child care is available.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Grades: PK-12 | 661 students
942 Lancaster Drive NE
Salem, OR 97301
(503)378-1219 7.4 PK-12
- Wilsonville Grades: PK-9 | 49 students
27960 SW Canyon Creek Road
Wilsonville, OR 97070
(503)784-9717 35.4 PK-9
This school gives a great opportunity for kids to be independent and for working with a group. They also provide a good amount of homework that is on the harder side but it makes you think and if you try you can get it done.They also have things like Spanish, German, Art, P.E, Band, Guitar, Choir, and Orchestra. IF you are very smart in the math world they will bump you up so that you have a good challenge no matter what, and even better the teachers are awesome!! When you leave you are ready for anything that comes your way.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Avery Lohrman
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.