- Abiqua Academy provides an extraordinary academic environment nurturing curious, imaginative and constructive thinkers, to be enthusiastic life-long learners and to become compassionate citizens of their community and the world. Abiqua offers Salem and Willamette Valley area students personalized instruction and learning from PreK-12.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,495|
|Tuition Notes||Effective for the calendar year 2017-2018|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Brittany Fobi|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art in various mediums, Chess Wizards, Choir, Drama, Hip Hop Dance, Horticulture, Robotics Chess Wizards, Choir, Drama, Hip Hop Dance, Horticulture, Robotics, Art in various mediums,
- Abiqua uses a unique thematic, integrated curriculum in each grade, that spirals thru the students education year to year.
- The school is divided as follows: Lower School (Pre-K thru 4th grade), Middle School (5th-8th grade), High School (9th-12 grade).
- Students are allowed to progress at their own pace and not restricted to traditional age level programs. For instance, pre-algebra, algebra and even geometry are available to middle school age students.
- The curriculum for grades PK-8 includes enrichment classes such as Spanish, Art, Physical Education and Music.
- After school "Adventures" include beginning and advance Robotics, Drama, Chess, Choir, Hip-Hop Dance, Cooking, as well as numerous art classes.
- Abiqua "Adventures" including full and half day programs are also available each summer.
- Abiqua's sports teams include Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball and Track
- Before and after-school child care is available.