Crosshill Christian School is a discipleship-based environment intended to support and extend a home structure that places the salvation of Jesus Christ and God's Word as its foundation.
Making disciples is most successful when parents, teachers, and student leaders partner together to consistently present and model Christ-like thinking and behavior.
The philosophy of discipleship is best explained through the style of discover, develop, and deploy Healthy and vibrant relationships among parents, students, and families solidify students' faith in Jesus Christ.
After discovering their personal Savior, students continue to discover the reflection of His image in their lives.
They begin to develop His likeness in them according to God's design for their life.
Using their life to affect the Kingdom through their testimony is encouraged daily, as students are deployed to share their faith-based life on their campus, to their community, and around the world.
At the core of this process is our character trait program which focuses on a new character trait each month, covering 36 unique character traits over 4 years.
In addition, the following 7 themes are presented to secondary students annually: authentic faith, moral boundaries, healthy friendships, putting others first, making wise choices, God's ultimate authority, and developing personal spiritual disciplines.
- Top Ranked OR School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 447 students
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Disciples are born again when they commit their lives to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in their lives and his atonement at the cross. While most students receive Jesus Christ as their Savior in their homes at early ages, many students have made Jesus their “forever friend” in one of our elementary classrooms or chapels. As students mature in their faith, they are constantly encouraged and challenged to discover more about their personal Savior through God’s Word and the Holy Spirit. As they begin to see Jesus reflected in their lives, they can begin to discover His giftings as they are created in His image.
- In response to the gift of salvation, true disciples choose to sit at the Master’s feet and begin to grow more and more into His likeness. Elementary students are guided to live Godly lives motivated from internal convictions based upon 36 Godly character traits that are focused on each month. Secondary students are guided to mature in the areas of authentic faith, ultimate authority, moral boundaries, healthy friendships, wise choices, spiritual disciplines, and putting others first. As students develop in each of these areas, their spiritual gifts slowly mature.
- True disciples become so overwhelmed by the tremendous love of God that their natural response is to share this love with others. Through their discovery of His love, and the development of His character in their lives, students are encouraged to use their gifts at all stages of their lives. From sharing Jesus with their family and friends, to sharing food with the local Homeless population, to sharing their faith in another country, being deployed to the lost is the most exciting part of the discipleship process. This process is never complete as students continue to discover, develop, and deploy the truth of Jesus in their lives and become disciple-makers themselves.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Crosshill Christian School's ranking?
Crosshill Christian School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Crosshill Christian School?
The application deadline for Crosshill Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Crosshill Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.