Willamette Valley Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (503) 393-5236
Willamette Valley Christian School Photo #2 - Best of Mid-Valley Awards: Silver for best Preschool, Elementary School, Middle School, High School and Private School
Willamette Valley Christian School exists: To provide students with a Christ-centered education that maintains high academic standards in a safe nurturing environment; To partner with parents in the training and education of their children; To provide students with the spiritual and educational foundations that will enable them to be godly, knowledgeable, and courageous adults; and To equip students to impact their world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Varies|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website: wvcs.org|
|Admissions Director||Julie Shackelton|
|Admissions Associate||Carrie Reichelt|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Application Procedure:
- Use the following process to guide you through the application process. The following items need to be completed and turned in before the admission process can proceed:
- Step One:
- - Apply online through this link on the school website at www.WVCS.org.
- - Additional paperwork will be required such as:
- - Parent Survey
- - Before/After School Care Form
- - (PK-8) Student Information Form
- - (6-12 ) Student reference forms
- - (6th-12th only) - one from a pastor or pastoral staff and one from a teacher
- - Nonrefundable application fee of $25 per student, submitted with application. This is for NEW STUDENTS ONLY. Returning students are not required to submit a new application and application fee.
- - Copies of current report cards, standardized test scores, specialized test results (e.g. IEP, 504 plan)
- Step two: A family interview and grade-level testing must be conducted before acceptance and placement. The office will contact families for available testing dates.
- - Step three: Following notice of student placement, families must meet with the Finance Officer to complete and sign the Financial Agreement. Depending on the date of admission, the registration and comprehensive fees may be required at that time.
- Financial Assistance: A separate Financial Assistance Application must be completed and submitted with the $30 application fee, along with the Application for Admission. The admission process may be delayed if forms and fees are not turned in.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Grades: PK-K | 78 students
5000 Skyline Rd S
Salem, OR 97306
(503) 581-0707 12.7 PK-K
- Salem Grades: PK-5 | 63 students
1015 Columbia St Ne
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 363-1516 6.9 PK-5
- Salem Grades: PK-12 | 613 students
942 Lancaster Drive NE
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 378-1219 7.4 PK-12
- Salem Grades: NS | 222 students
1550 Fairgrounds Rd NE
Salem, OR 97303
(503) 363-9821 7.4 NS
- Salem Grades: NS-PK | 53 students
685 Court Street Ne
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 399-2769 8.4 NS-PK
I love the WVCS family! My daughter feels that this school is her second family. It is a small school, with an amazing family of teachers, students and parents!
- Posted by Parent - enigh
My family has been involved in WVCS for years and when I moved to the area and became familiar with it, I knew I could immediately call it home. I knew my kids would attend here, I knew I wanted to work here, and it has been a HUGE blessing! I get to work with amazing staff and be around great students and families. It is a community and second family. I also feel welcomed, supported and encouraged by the administration and board.
- Posted by Teacher - cbcre
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.