Academy For Learning
5.00 (1 review)
- Academy For Learning serves 22 students in grades Kindergarten-12 and is a member of the Other special emphasis association(s).
- The student:teacher of Academy For Learning is 7:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$550|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer Program Starts July through August, Monday through Thursday $550.00 a month|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $660 per month. 10% Family discount for siblings.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Wendy Jensen|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
ASL Club, Guitar and choir, Piano
- Our Philosophy
- The aim of the Academy for Learning dba Applied Scholastics Academy Las Vegas is to prepare each student to succeed in life. The emphasis is upon increasing their self-determinism and in restoring, not overriding, his or her natural ability to learn, to think, and to observe. Our goal is to empower the student with the ability to be the guardian of his or her own knowledge. The benefits of Academy for Leaning. Your Child will never be left behind. No bullying, no drugs, no violence on campus. Your child deserves individual attention that gets lost in large classes. At our school, small class sizes allow your child to receive individual attention and individualized curriculum that matches their goals for the future. The Applied Scholastics Academy Las Vegas is a private, non-profit school licensed by Applied Scholastics International, which licenses private schools that span the globe. Applied Scholastics uses Study Technology developed by author and humanitarian, L. Ron Hubbard. This technology consists of practical, workable methods of teaching which will make your child`s education more beneficial, effective, and fun. Any child will be found to have a natural ability and desire to learn. It has been proven that if he or she does not have a purpose or reason for learning or has become confused, their ability and desire to learn will be less. A child (or an adult for that matter), starting out with great interest in learning, commonly gives up on a subject or gives up on study altogether if he or she gets too many confusions. We clear up any earlier confusion and ensure that the student has a full understanding of his/her materials so that what is learned can be applied. Students learn at their own pace. With this study methodology and small class size, it is possible to advance rapidly. We are an 10 month school, 10 months 5 days a week 9am to 3pm.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: K-12 | 86 students
6701 W Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702)876-1181 5.6 K-12
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702)254-1610 8.5 PK-12
Both my son and Daughter have been attend Academy for learning for the last 2 years. They love the school and they love the one on one time the get with the teacher and small class sizes. Because they are not held back by other students and allowed to go at their own pace, my daughter who is 6 and in 3rd grade is currently doing 4th grade math and loving it. My son loves the science and science experiments they get to do. Both have had amazing test scores! My daughters test score last school year was listed all Highest Level and well above average for her grade.
- Posted by Parent - David
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.