- Founded in 1989 by immigrant Muslims who were concerned about the fate of their children in an un-Islamic environment, Al-Ihsan Academy is a non profit educational institution established to educate children in a safe and nurturing environment where their potential can be fully developed.
- Special care is taken to ensure that the proper balance of Islamic and Academic education is being provided at Al-Ihsan Academy.
- Students have already become sterling examples within their local communities and are now fast becoming citizens capable of providing leadership in the millennium.
- The goal of the school is to produce graduates who would be solidly grounded in Islam as their practical way of life in America, while pursuing studies, which will eventually help them, become qualified to compete in all levels of activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||491 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History, English, Global History, Living Environment, Technology|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys: White Shirt & Green Pants; Girls: Green Jilbab)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,600|
|Tuition Notes||$3600 per student yearly|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bebi Rahman|
|Admissions Associate||Shamiza Mahmood|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBadminton, Baseball,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama Club, Martial Arts, Stem Club Drama Club, Martial Arts, Stem Club,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- JamaicaGrades: PK-12 | 157 students
8989 Van Wyck Expy
Jamaica, NY 11435
- WoodsideGrades: PK-12 | 281 students
5511 Queens Blvd
Woodside, NY 11377
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 202 students
5224 3rd Ave Ste 1
Brooklyn, NY 11220
- AstoriaGrades: PK-5 | 129 students
2542 49th Street
Astoria, NY 11103
- Staten IslandGrades: PK-12 | 218 students
307 Victory Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10301
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.