- Founded in 1989 by immigrant Muslims who were concerned about the fate of their children in an un-Islamic environment, Al-Ihsan Academy is a non profit educational institution established to educate children in a safe and nurturing environment where their potential can be fully developed.
- Special care is taken to ensure that the proper balance of Islamic and Academic education is being provided at Al-Ihsan Academy.
- Students have already become sterling examples within their local communities and are now fast becoming citizens capable of providing leadership in the millennium.
- The goal of the school is to produce graduates who would be solidly grounded in Islam as their practical way of life in America, while pursuing studies, which will eventually help them, become qualified to compete in all levels of activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||459 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,300|
|Tuition Notes||$3300 per student yearly|
|Admissions Director||Bebi Rahman|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama Club, Martial Arts, Stem Club Drama Club, Martial Arts, Stem Club,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JamaicaGrades: PK-12 | 157 students
8989 Van Wyck Expy
Jamaica, NY 11435
WoodsideGrades: PK-12 | 281 students
5511 Queens Blvd
Woodside, NY 11377
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 202 students
5224 3rd Ave Ste 1
Brooklyn, NY 11220
AstoriaGrades: PK-5 | 129 students
2542 49th Street
Astoria, NY 11103
Ozone ParkGrades: KG-8 | 483 students
10406 101st Ave
Ozone Park, NY 11416
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.