- Founded in 1989 by immigrant Muslims who were concerned about the fate of their children in an un-Islamic environment, Al-Ihsan Academy is a non profit educational institution established to educate children in a safe and nurturing environment where their potential can be fully developed.
- Special care is taken to ensure that the proper balance of Islamic and Academic education is being provided at Al-Ihsan Academy.
- Students have already become sterling examples within their local communities and are now fast becoming citizens capable of providing leadership in the millennium.
- The goal of the school is to produce graduates who would be solidly grounded in Islam as their practical way of life in America, while pursuing studies, which will eventually help them, become qualified to compete in all levels of activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||491 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History, English, Global History, Living Environment, Technology|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys: White Shirt & Green Pants; Girls: Green Jilbab)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,600|
|Tuition Notes||$3600 per student yearly|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bebi Rahman|
|Admissions Associate||Shamiza Mahmood|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBadminton, Baseball,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Stem Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jamaica Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
8989 Van Wyck Expy
Jamaica, NY 11435
(718)297-6520 0.6 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
5224 3rd Ave Ste 1
Brooklyn, NY 11220
(718)567-3334 10.9 PK-8
- Astoria Grades: PK-5 | 74 students
2542 49th Street
Astoria, NY 11103
(718)274-9060 7.5 PK-5
- Staten Island Grades: PK-12 | 222 students
307 Victory Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10301
(718)816-6161 14.6 PK-12
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.