5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (718) 322-3154
- Founded in 1989 by immigrant Muslims who were concerned about the fate of their children in an un-Islamic environment, Al-Ihsan Academy is a non profit educational institution established to educate children in a safe and nurturing environment where their potential can be fully developed.
- Special care is taken to ensure that the proper balance of Islamic and Academic education is being provided at Al-Ihsan Academy.
- Students have already become sterling examples within their local communities and are now fast becoming citizens capable of providing leadership in the millennium.
- The goal of the school is to produce graduates who would be solidly grounded in Islam as their practical way of life in America, while pursuing studies, which will eventually help them, become qualified to compete in all levels of activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||508 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History, English, Global History, Living Environment, Technology|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys: White Shirt & Green Pants; Girls: Green Jilbab)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,600|
|Tuition Notes||$3600 per student yearly|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bebi Rahman|
|Admissions Associate||Shamiza Mahmood|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBadminton, Baseball,|
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Stem Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jamaica Grades: PK-12 | 157 students
8989 Van Wyck Expy
Jamaica, NY 11435
(718) 297-6520 0.6 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 167 students
5224 3rd Ave Ste 1
Brooklyn, NY 11220
(718) 567-3334 10.9 PK-8
- Astoria Grades: PK-5 | 74 students
2542 49th Street
Astoria, NY 11103
(718) 274-9060 7.5 PK-5
- Jamaica Grades: PK-12 | 204 students
8537 168th St
Jamaica, NY 11432
(718) 380-7040 2.3 PK-12
I like this school. I have three kids here. I am strongly recommended this school is good school. Principal herd and soul trying to give him best one. Also, most of Techer is good.
- Posted by Parent - Jesmin
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.