Tel: (718) 297-6520
- Al-Iman School in New York opened its doors to four children in September 1990; with that it started an evolutionary process that, within four years, resulted in the first fully fledged Pre K-12 Islamic school in North America.
- School provides a holistic education that benefits your child, both here and in the hereafter and provide a well-qualified faculty and staff.
- School provide modern curriculum prescribed by New York City and New York State Board of Education with special emphasis on Islamic values and prayers.
- We also provide well equipped computer and science laboratories; indoor and outdoor basketball courts; AP programs, med prep programs, karate; and extracurricular activities including Drama Club, Debating Society, Journalism training.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 167 students
5224 3rd Ave Ste 1
Brooklyn, NY 11220
(718) 567-3334 11.3 PK-8
- Jamaica Grades: PK-12 | 204 students
8537 168th St
Jamaica, NY 11432
(718) 380-7040 1.7 PK-12
- Astoria Grades: PK-5 | 74 students
2542 49th Street
Astoria, NY 11103
(718) 274-9060 7.5 PK-5
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.