Alice and Nahum Lainer School
- The Alice and Nahum Lainer School of today is built on the bedrock of our nearly five successful decades as a warm, challenging school that nurtures Jewish hearts and minds.
- We`re constantly evolving to offer the most ambitious, intellectual and spirit-rich Jewish environment in which to grow critical thinkers and future leaders. With engaging teaching approaches-including the Responsive Classroom method, immersive Hebrew, reading and writing workshops, Investigations in Numbers, Data and Space math curriculum and inquiry-based science-plus stunning art, music and physical education facilities, Sinai Akiba nurtures passionate learners who will light the future for generations to come.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)|
Institute for Independent Education
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Support Program and Gifted Program available|
|Total Students||603 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||129 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 20 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Zide|
|Admissions Associate||Yochanan Kabaker|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
chess, Dance, fashion design, glee club, newspaper, newsteam, robotics, scrapbooking, spanish, student council, Tinkering, yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
art, chamber ensemble, Choir, drama, orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We believe that children who are empowered to fail will take the risks that change the world. We believe in nourishing students` hearts, minds and souls. We believe that learning should be joyful. We believe in introducing students to a lifetime of personal growth, sensitivity, responsibility and intellectual inquiry shaped by Jewish practices and thought. We believe that tikkun olam and ruach are central to education. We believe in a rich and rigorous integrated curriculum.
- Let`s get something out of the way right now: you are holding thousands of individual moments of wonder distilled into a couple paragraphs. It`s good and true and interesting and exciting, but NOTHING is more important than visiting a school you`re considering for your child. Nothing will tell you more than being inside its classrooms. So if you haven`t visited our dynamic West L.A. campus yet, we invite you to join us for a Take-A-Look Thursday tour (8:30 a.m. each Thursday school is in session) or schedule a private tour. We want you to experience the joy and wonder of our school first-hand.
- Because we`re Jewish day school reimagined for families like yours.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: K-8 | 537 students
1536 Selby Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Los AngelesGrades: 5-10
10250 Constellation Blvd - 23rd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 367 students
10643 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90077
- Beverly HillsGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
148 South Linden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- Beverly HillsGrades: K-1 | 110 students
505 N Rodeo Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.