- It is the mission of the school, as a ministry of Lutheran Church of the Cross, to be a Christ-centered, Bible-based environment, which provides academic excellence and nurtures students to become life-long learners who know Jesus Christ and share His Word, His grace, and His love with all people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,880|
|Tuition Notes||Discount given for Lutheran Church of the Cross church members.|
|Admissions Director||Kim Winters|
|Admissions Associate||Kalyn Peterson|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Chess, Boy Scouts, Composer Countdown, Drama Club, Flag Football, Girl Scouts, Jump Rope Club, Meet the Masters, Play-Well TEKnologies (Legos), Through An Artists Eye, Worship Band Academic Chess, Boy Scouts, Drama Club, Flag Football, Girl Scouts, Jump Rope Club, Worship Band, Composer Countdown,
Meet the Masters,
Play-Well TEKnologies (Legos),
Through An Artists Eye,
- Teaching the Christian faith is integrated in all we do, because we believe in one God who is eternally revealed through the Creator, our Heavenly Father and source of knowledge; through Jesus Christ, His only Son and our source of salvation; and through the Holy Spirit, the Sustainer and Giver of Faith.
- Qualified Christian teachers provide an excellent learning environment of safety, security, respect, and Christ’s love.
- Academic excellence is attained through the core curriculum, which is sequential, cumulative, and developmentally appropriate for each grade level.
- Students experience educational opportunities to develop good communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and collaborative skills enabling them to lead the Church and their generation into the future.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Aliso ViejoGrades: NS-8 | 732 students
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Mission ViejoGrades: NS-8 | 225 students
24741 Chrisanta Drive
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Aliso ViejoGrades: K-8 | 131 students
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Mission ViejoGrades: 5-12 | 19 students
23052 Alicia Pkwy # H107
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Laguna NiguelGrades: K-8 | 107 students
24600 La Plata Drive
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
We could not be more happier with avcs. It is a wonderful school to send out children every day and the environment is full of love and happiness. We have nothing but good things to say about our school. If you are looking to tour do so on a Friday and experience chapel!!
- Posted by Parent - Avcs parent
This school is TRULY a Christ centered school. I have witness the amazing grace of God here especially in the last two weeks. The school, the parents, the staff, the pastors, and students have shown an amazing outpouring of love for those in need. This is what a Christian School is all about. My children have been going here for the past eight years and I'm so honored to be part of this Christian community.
- Posted by Parent - deich