Aliso Viejo Christian School
- It is the mission of the school, as a ministry of Lutheran Church of the Cross, to be a Christ-centered, Bible-based environment, which provides academic excellence and nurtures students to become life-long learners who know Jesus Christ and share His Word, His grace, and His love with all people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,880|
|Tuition Notes||Discount given for Lutheran Church of the Cross church members.|
|Admissions Director||Kim Winters|
|Admissions Associate||Kalyn Peterson|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Chess, Boy Scouts, Composer Countdown, Drama Club, Flag Football, Girl Scouts, Jump Rope Club, Meet the Masters, Play-Well TEKnologies (Legos), Through An Artists Eye, Worship Band|
- Teaching the Christian faith is integrated in all we do, because we believe in one God who is eternally revealed through the Creator, our Heavenly Father and source of knowledge; through Jesus Christ, His only Son and our source of salvation; and through the Holy Spirit, the Sustainer and Giver of Faith.
- Qualified Christian teachers provide an excellent learning environment of safety, security, respect, and Christ’s love.
- Academic excellence is attained through the core curriculum, which is sequential, cumulative, and developmentally appropriate for each grade level.
- Students experience educational opportunities to develop good communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and collaborative skills enabling them to lead the Church and their generation into the future.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aliso ViejoGrades: NS-8 | 732 students
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- Mission ViejoGrades: NS-8 | 225 students
24741 Chrisanta Drive
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Aliso ViejoGrades: K-8 | 131 students
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- Mission ViejoGrades: 5-12 | 19 students
23052 Alicia Pkwy # H107
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
- Mission ViejoGrades: KG-12 | 56 students
23632 Via Calzada
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Both of our children attended this school from kindergarten, one completing 8th grade here & the other through 7th grade. Our eldest was very successful at JSerra Catholic High School & is in university in Washington, D.C.; both our kids thrived in the small school environment & Christian atmosphere, even though we are Catholic ( not Lutheran). Our daughter remains friends with some of her classmates & we loved her teachers. Full day kindergarten was great as was the accelerated Math program, which enabled our daughter to take AP calculus as a junior in high school. She continued to excel in Math throughout high school & won the Math award for her senior class. Our son made wonderful friends here & enjoyed the sports ( soccer, track, basketball) as much as the Math program ( seriously); he also has been able to attain advanced math classes in high school due to AVCS. More importantly, AVCS found an amazing music teacher who encouraged the 6th graders to choose an instrument, something we had tried on our own to get our son into, without success. He began clarinet at AVCS & is now playing in the orchestra at J Serra. We remain in touch with several teachers & are grateful for this school in our lives. The only weaknesses were the lack of serious foreign language instruction in middle school & the English writing program in & 7th & 8th grade after our daughter had graduated. Overall, it was a great experience & we would recommend this school highly.
- Posted by Parent - Ash
We could not be more happier with avcs. It is a wonderful school to send out children every day and the environment is full of love and happiness. We have nothing but good things to say about our school. If you are looking to tour do so on a Friday and experience chapel!!
- Posted by Parent - Avcs parent
This school is TRULY a Christ centered school. I have witness the amazing grace of God here especially in the last two weeks. The school, the parents, the staff, the pastors, and students have shown an amazing outpouring of love for those in need. This is what a Christian School is all about. My children have been going here for the past eight years and I'm so honored to be part of this Christian community.
- Posted by Parent - deich