Aliso Viejo Christian School
- It is the mission of the school, as a ministry of Lutheran Churchof the Cross, to be a Christ-centered, Bible-based environment,which provides academic excellence and nurtures students to becomelife-long learners who know Jesus Christ and share His Word, Hisgrace, and His love with all people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||392 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,880|
|Tuition Notes||Discount given for Lutheran Church of the Cross church members.|
|Admissions Director||Kim Winters|
|Admissions Associate||Kalyn Peterson|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Chess, Boy Scouts, Composer Countdown, Drama Club, Flag Football, Girl Scouts, Jump Rope Club, Meet the Masters, Play-Well TEKnologies (Legos), Through An Artists Eye, Worship Band|
- Teaching the Christian faith is integrated in all we do,because we believe in one God who is eternally revealed through theCreator, our Heavenly Father and source of knowledge; through JesusChrist, His only Son and our source of salvation; and through theHoly Spirit, the Sustainer and Giver of Faith.
- Qualified Christian teachers provide an excellent learningenvironment of safety, security, respect, and Christ`s love.
- Academic excellence is attained through the core curriculum,which is sequential, cumulative, and developmentally appropriatefor each grade level.
- Students experience educational opportunities to develop goodcommunication, problem solving, critical thinking, andcollaborative skills enabling them to lead the Church and theirgeneration into the future.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mission Viejo Grades: 5-12 | 19 students
23052 Alicia Pkwy # H107
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
(949)701-7015 42.9 5-12
- Laguna Niguel Grades: K-10 | 62 students
29702 Kensington Dr
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949)495-3428 41.7 K-10
Our 2 children each attended AVCS from K-8th grade - one is a junior in college now, the younger a senior in high school. Both attended public high school and were more than prepared for their classes and social experiences. AVCS was a wonderful place for them to grow spiritually and academically. They both still speak about the friends they made there as well as the great teachers they had.
- Posted by Parent - JL - Former parent
Our 2 children have attended AVCS for 4 years and absolutely love it! It provides a well- rounded education with high academics, athletics, music, and Christ centered teaching.The small class sizes, loving teachers, and family feel are truly a blessing!
- Posted by Parent - Jekums Family
We love AVCS. After touring almost all of the private schools in Southern Orange County, we decided to make the move to AVCS. We could not be more confident that we made the right decision. The teachers and administration are so hard working and caring, and everyone goes above and beyond to make the school feel like a real community. Another benefit is the class size, it's on the small side so the teachers can actually teach and children can learn. I love that there is a lot of international students and the diversity of different viewpoints as well.
- Posted by Parent - mom
Both of our children attended this school from kindergarten, one completing 8th grade here & the other through 7th grade. Our eldest was very successful at JSerra Catholic High School & is in university in Washington, D.C.; both our kids thrived in the small school environment & Christian atmosphere, even though we are Catholic ( not Lutheran). Our daughter remains friends with some of her classmates & we loved her teachers. Full day kindergarten was great as was the accelerated Math program, which enabled our daughter to take AP calculus as a junior in high school. She continued to excel in Math throughout high school & won the Math award for her senior class. Our son made wonderful friends here & enjoyed the sports ( soccer, track, basketball) as much as the Math program ( seriously); he also has been able to attain advanced math classes in high school due to AVCS. More importantly, AVCS found an amazing music teacher who encouraged the 6th graders to choose an instrument, something we had tried on our own to get our son into, without success. He began clarinet at AVCS & is now playing in the orchestra at J Serra. We remain in touch with several teachers & are grateful for this school in our lives. The only weaknesses were the lack of serious foreign language instruction in middle school & the English writing program in & 7th & 8th grade after our daughter had graduated. Overall, it was a great experience & we would recommend this school highly.
- Posted by Parent - Ash
We could not be more happier with avcs. It is a wonderful school to send out children every day and the environment is full of love and happiness. We have nothing but good things to say about our school. If you are looking to tour do so on a Friday and experience chapel!!
- Posted by Parent - Avcs parent
This school is TRULY a Christ centered school. I have witness the amazing grace of God here especially in the last two weeks. The school, the parents, the staff, the pastors, and students have shown an amazing outpouring of love for those in need. This is what a Christian School is all about. My children have been going here for the past eight years and I'm so honored to be part of this Christian community.
- Posted by Parent - deich