St. Mary's School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (949) 448-9027
- At St. Mary's School, we teach students to ask "what" and "why" in a way that demonstrates that they're an essential part of the answer to "how." That's compassion and critical thinking in action, and it's something we hope you'll come see for yourself.
- To arrange for a tour of St. Mary's School or for more information, please contact the Admission Office at 949.448.9027 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Price varies by each class registered|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||702 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$10,430 – 23,140 Early Education $10,430 -$18,440 Lower School $22,400 Middle School $23,140 Lunch is included|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Christie DuVall|
|Admissions Associate||Anne Marie Valum|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Enrichment, Arts & Crafts, ASB, Ceramics, Chess, Drawing, Extended Care, Fine Arts, Golf, inventions, Math Club, Orchestra, Painting, Piano Lessons, Science, Sports Program, Summer Camps, Theater, Visual Arts|
Arts and Music Programs:
cooking, Field Studies, Karate Class, Lego, Model United Nations (MUN)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Field Studies, Guitar, Inline Hockey, International Exchange
- Children can make an impact on the world right now. That's what St. Mary's School is all about. We teach students to ask "what" and "why," demonstrating that they are an essential piece of the answer to "how." Because when students are guided by compassion and critical thinking, they take responsibility for the world without hesitation.
- St. Mary's offers the only accredited Preschool through Grade 8 International Baccalaureate Programme in Orange County. This curriculum integrates themes of global significance, challenging students to tap their creativity to solve problems both large and small. More importantly, teaching the power of inquiry and reflection to young minds builds a foundation for lifelong learning. Applying a curriculum free to change alongside the world, the International Baccalaureate Programme prepares St. Mary's School students to thrive across an increasingly connected globe.
- S. Mary's School's academics, curricula and environment prepares students to believe in themselves, to trust their ideas and to achieve.
- But experience, confidence and skill aren't enough. Critical thinking depends on a solid base of values-and vice versa.
- Every day, students encounter complex situations that require them to test the truth of information in front of them. What's more, they have to do this compassionately, with respect for the diverse perspectives of their peers. This is no easy feat, but it's essential.
- Inquiry without love is as much of a dead end as compassion without intelligence. That's why, at St. Mary's School, we foster academic excellence and empathy in tandem. Regardless of background, we help students invest in their own drive to make a difference.
- A snapshot of St. Mary's School from any angle, on any day, captures the school's unique blend of visible engagement, compassionate inclusion and genuine delight. From preschool age on, we teach students to say, "I can."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
This is school is a wonderful place to send your child for a private education. The teachers are so kind and really pay attention to the students needs. St. Mary's is truly home.
- Posted by Parent - -ST Marys Parent
St Marys has been our "home" for the past 17 years!! Both my boys started attending when they were 2 years old. This being our last year (my youngest is in 8th grade) I wanted to write a review of our wonderful school so other families can benefit from this great institution. My children were surrounded by a caring community! The IB program is phenomenal. Teaching children to be global citizens, with the IB profiles. IB learners learn to be: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced & reflective. The transition into high school for my oldest was seamless. He has thrived & will be graduating high school this year. I cant say enough wonderful things about St Marys. It would be wonderful if any family could provide such an education for their student!!
- Posted by Parent - Lori Evans
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?