St. Mary's School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 702 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 10 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Mary's School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
ASB, Field Studies, Karate Class, Lego, Math Club, Mock Trials, Model United Nations (MUN), Rocketry
Arts and Music Programs:
Drawing, Field Studies, Guitar, Orchestra, Painting, Theater, Visual Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Golf, Inline Hockey, Sports Program
- Children can make an impact on the world right now. That's what St. Mary's School is all about. We teach students to ask "what" and "why," demonstrating that they are an essential piece of the answer to "how." Because when students are guided by compassion and critical thinking, they take responsibility for the world without hesitation.
- St. Mary's offers the only accredited Preschool through Grade 8 International Baccalaureate Programme in Orange County. This curriculum integrates themes of global significance, challenging students to tap their creativity to solve problems both large and small. More importantly, teaching the power of inquiry and reflection to young minds builds a foundation for lifelong learning. Applying a curriculum free to change alongside the world, the International Baccalaureate Programme prepares St. Mary's School students to thrive across an increasingly connected globe.
- St. Mary's School's academics, curricula, and environment prepares students to believe in themselves, trust their ideas, and achieve.
- But experience, confidence, and skill aren't enough. Critical thinking depends on a solid base of values and vice versa.
- Every day, students encounter complex situations that require them to test the truth of the information in front of them. What's more, they have to do this compassionately, with respect for the diverse perspectives of their peers. This is no easy feat, but it's essential.
- Inquiry without love is as much of a dead-end as compassion without intelligence. That's why, at St. Mary's School, we foster academic excellence and empathy in tandem. Regardless of background, we help students invest in their own drive to make a difference.
- A snapshot of St. Mary's School from any angle, on any day, captures the school's unique blend of visible engagement, compassionate inclusion, and genuine delight. From preschool age on, we teach students to say, "I can."
Frequently Asked Questions
Does St. Mary's School offer a summer program?
Yes, St. Mary's School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does St. Mary's School offer?
St. Mary's School offers 10 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field and Volleyball. St. Mary's School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is St. Mary's School's ranking?
St. Mary's School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Largest student body, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for St. Mary's School?
The application deadline for St. Mary's School is Dec. 10 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 10 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse St. Mary's School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards