5.00 (3 reviews)
- Allen Academy is a PK-12th grade Independent School located in Bryan, Texas, close to Texas A&M University.
- At Allen, students as young as 3 and 4 years old learn along with students ready to face the intellectual challenge of university life.
- The 40-acre campus creates a family-centered atmosphere where children are known by name and challenged to reach their full potential by talented, caring, and professional faculty, staff, coaches, and advisors. Allen is committed to providing a global perspective not only through an independent school curriculum, but through hands-on, intentional learning experiences.
- A small, selective boarding program also brings students from across the globe to enhance an environment that values relationships, learning from each other, and preparing students for a world that promises to be increasingly unpredictable. This unique combination of intellectual rigor, learning opportunities, and deep relationships makes Allen unique within the Brazos Valley. It is also the only ISAS accredited school within a 70-mile radius.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Allen Academy offers summer programs. Please contact the admissions office for program costs.|
|Total Students||328 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art Studio, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government, AP Human Geography, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1244|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki or navy pants and navy, white, or light blue polo shirt with logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition changes per grade level.Please contact the admissions office for domestic and international tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Patrick Baker|
|Admissions Associate||Tina Tucker|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Allen Diversity Alliance, Allen International Explorers, Animation Club, Chess Club, College Planning/ ACT&SAT, Competitive Engineering, History Through Film, LaunchX (Entrepreneurship Program with M.I.T.), Mock Trial Team, Rocketry Club, Student Council (LS, MS, and US), True Crimes, Writing Club
- Allen Academy was voted Best Private School in the Brazos Valley for the 6th time in a row in 2018 and tied for Best Preschool for the 2nd year in a row.
- The school offers a full range of quality educational experiences for students from preschool through grade 12. Our academic program is designed to prepare our students to be successful and productive individuals far beyond the college years. Cultivating the skills and attitudes that characterize adaptive expertise, we equip students with the mindset and skillset necessary for academic success, preparation for life and meaningful contribution to their local, college, and global communities.
- With a 100% college acceptance rate, we maintain a focus on the academic components that will allow our graduating students to be successful at securing admission into the college or university of their choice.
- Lower School students benefit from small class sizes and well-qualified teachers. In addition to the core content courses from their classroom teachers, students are enriched through specific classes in music, art, and science. Clubs and academic competitions are also a part of the Lower School program.
- Our Middle School students enjoy small class sizes while being able to select from electives which include: Spanish, Band, Choir, Drama / Theatre, and Art. Small class size allows us the flexibility to accelerate students in mathematics and languages based on their demonstrated competencies.
- Upper School provides academic offerings that meet or exceed the typical college-bound diploma options of other schools. Students are able to select from advanced placement courses, visual arts, performing arts, and a variety of interesting and challenging electives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryan Grades: PK-12 | 429 students
3000 W Villa Maria Road
Bryan, TX 77807
(979)823-1000 6.6 PK-12
- College Station Grades: PK-6 | 51 students
1500 Quail Run
College Station, TX 77845
(979)696-1674 6.2 PK-6
- Paris Grades: PK-12 | 322 students
Paris, TX 75460
(903)785-9557 211.3 PK-12
This is a great school. My kids have loved the experience. Dr. Rush and the staff show genuine care for the students and work hard to build character and encourage the children to do their best. They make a child feel valued and that is so appreciated. The teachers actually teach and care about learning, demonstrating patience and encouragement. I can't recommend this school highly enough. They make you feel like family and we are glad to be Rams!
- Posted by Parent - Glad to be here
Our 3 children have attended Allen since they were 3 years old and from the very first year we knew that there was something really special about how the teachers listened to, talked to, and interacted with the students. Rather than focusing on testing and keeping order, the focus is on learning and helping kids make the best choices for themselves and others, and in the process of doing this the teachers spend a lot of time talking to students and listening to what they think. Having professional adults really engage with them has built up such confidence in our children that they have excelled in college and beyond. As a parent, nothing is more important to me than my children's success, and I thank Allen and all those who work there every day for all they have done to help my children grow to their full potential.
- Posted by Parent - Allen parent
Our family has really enjoyed being a part of the Allen Academy family. Our daughter started in Pre-K and is now in Lower School and there really isn't a day that goes by where she doesn't come home excited about something new she learned. The key word being excited, she loves going to school.In addition to her enjoying school, the teachers have been great, particularly with regards to communication. If there is something that we can work with our daughter on, we know right away. It truly is a partnership and we look forward to being part of the Allen Academy family for years to come.
- Posted by Parent - Michael
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.