Aggieland Country School
- Aggieland Country School uses Montessori method of teaching which has been created by Maria Montessori.
- The Montessori approach to education was developed by Dr. Maria Montessori who, after graduating from the University of Rome Medical School became interested in education as a physician treating retarded children.
- In 1907 she began her work with normal children when she was invited to organize a school in a reconstructed slum area of Rome.
- She developed her method because she was distressed with the usual rigid teaching techniques used in Europe at that time, and noted how many children were blocked in their learning efforts by these traditional methods.
- Feeling that young children have a potential for self-learning, she began to develop this potential with a sensorial approach, teaching the young children through his natural interest in exploring with his senses.
- With keen observation, Dr. Montessori followed the interests of the child, and by 1909 the surprising development of this classroom was know around the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.
February 07, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.