Aggieland Country School
Tel: (979) 696-1674
- Aggieland Country School uses Montessori method of teaching which has been created by Maria Montessori.
- The Montessori approach to education was developed by Dr. Maria Montessori who, after graduating from the University of Rome Medical School became interested in education as a physician treating retarded children.
- In 1907 she began her work with normal children when she was invited to organize a school in a reconstructed slum area of Rome.
- She developed her method because she was distressed with the usual rigid teaching techniques used in Europe at that time, and noted how many children were blocked in their learning efforts by these traditional methods.
- Feeling that young children have a potential for self-learning, she began to develop this potential with a sensorial approach, teaching the young children through his natural interest in exploring with his senses.
- With keen observation, Dr. Montessori followed the interests of the child, and by 1909 the surprising development of this classroom was know around the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.