Aggieland Country School
- Aggieland Country School uses Montessori method of teaching which has been created by Maria Montessori.
- The Montessori approach to education was developed by Dr. Maria Montessori who, after graduating from the University of Rome Medical School became interested in education as a physician treating retarded children.
- In 1907 she began her work with normal children when she was invited to organize a school in a reconstructed slum area of Rome.
- She developed her method because she was distressed with the usual rigid teaching techniques used in Europe at that time, and noted how many children were blocked in their learning efforts by these traditional methods.
- Feeling that young children have a potential for self-learning, she began to develop this potential with a sensorial approach, teaching the young children through his natural interest in exploring with his senses.
- With keen observation, Dr. Montessori followed the interests of the child, and by 1909 the surprising development of this classroom was know around the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.