Am - Tree Developmental Nursery School
- Opening in 1982, Am-Tree is a family owned and operated school.
- This independence encourages flexibility to accommodate parents and children's needs.
- We continue to improved our programs, providing your child with the best care.
- The Center strives to create and maintain a community in which children feel valued and are treated with respect.
- Our program is designed to provide each child with a secure, healthy and nurturing environment.
- We understand the development of ethnic pride, self-confidence, and the joy of learning.
- We are dedicated to forming strong and positive partnerships between families, children and our staff members.
- Children construct knowledge based on prior experiences. It is the teacher's role to facilitate learning through their interactions and questions while building on children's interests and development.
- We adhere to the Developmentally Appropriate Practices as outlined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Our curriculum is aligned with the New Jersey Department of Education's Early Childhood Program Expectations: Standards of Quality.
- We recognize that young children learn through active hands-on involvement and that learning is an ongoing process.
- Our teaching staff individualizes the program to encompass the individual developmental levels of our multi-age group of children and recognizes that there are differences in children's learning styles.
- The staff provides activities that both challenge and encourage each child to grow and learn at his/her own pace.
- We provide a program that ensures positive growth in social, emotional, intellectual, language, creative and physical development.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montvale Grades: 9-12 | 475 students
40 Chestnut Ridge Rd
Montvale, NJ 07645
(201)391-3300 1.1 9-12
- Spring Valley Grades: Inquire with school | 52 students
972 Chestnut Ridge
Spring Valley, NY 10977
(845)352-3307 1.2 Inquire with school
- Woodcliff Lake Grades: 7-12 | 283 students
450 Chestnut Ridge Rd.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
(201)505-1680 1.6 7-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.