Am - Tree Developmental Nursery School
- Opening in 1982, Am-Tree is a family owned and operated school.
- This independence encourages flexibility to accommodate parents and children's needs.
- We continue to improved our programs, providing your child with the best care.
- The Center strives to create and maintain a community in which children feel valued and are treated with respect.
- Our program is designed to provide each child with a secure, healthy and nurturing environment.
- We understand the development of ethnic pride, self-confidence, and the joy of learning.
- We are dedicated to forming strong and positive partnerships between families, children and our staff members.
- Children construct knowledge based on prior experiences. It is the teacher's role to facilitate learning through their interactions and questions while building on children's interests and development.
- We adhere to the Developmentally Appropriate Practices as outlined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Our curriculum is aligned with the New Jersey Department of Education's Early Childhood Program Expectations: Standards of Quality.
- We recognize that young children learn through active hands-on involvement and that learning is an ongoing process.
- Our teaching staff individualizes the program to encompass the individual developmental levels of our multi-age group of children and recognizes that there are differences in children's learning styles.
- The staff provides activities that both challenge and encourage each child to grow and learn at his/her own pace.
- We provide a program that ensures positive growth in social, emotional, intellectual, language, creative and physical development.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montvale Grades: 9-12 | 475 students
40 Chestnut Ridge Rd
Montvale, NJ 07645
(201)391-3300 1.1 9-12
- Spring Valley Grades: Inquire with school | 52 students
972 Chestnut Ridge
Spring Valley, NY 10977
(845)352-3307 1.2 Inquire with school
- Woodcliff Lake Grades: 7-12 | 283 students
450 Chestnut Ridge Rd.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
(201)505-1680 1.6 7-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.