- Opening in 1982, Am-Tree is a family owned and operated school.
- This independence encourages flexibility to accommodate parents and children's needs.
- We continue to improved our programs, providing your child with the best care.
- The Center strives to create and maintain a community in which children feel valued and are treated with respect.
- Our program is designed to provide each child with a secure, healthy and nurturing environment.
- We understand the development of ethnic pride, self-confidence, and the joy of learning.
- We are dedicated to forming strong and positive partnerships between families, children and our staff members.
- Children construct knowledge based on prior experiences. It is the teacher's role to facilitate learning through their interactions and questions while building on children's interests and development.
- We adhere to the Developmentally Appropriate Practices as outlined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Our curriculum is aligned with the New Jersey Department of Education's Early Childhood Program Expectations: Standards of Quality.
- We recognize that young children learn through active hands-on involvement and that learning is an ongoing process.
- Our teaching staff individualizes the program to encompass the individual developmental levels of our multi-age group of children and recognizes that there are differences in children's learning styles.
- The staff provides activities that both challenge and encourage each child to grow and learn at his/her own pace.
- We provide a program that ensures positive growth in social, emotional, intellectual, language, creative and physical development.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Spring ValleyGrades: NS-12 | 336 students
307 Hungry Hollow Road
Spring Valley, NY 10977
MontvaleGrades: 9-12 | 530 students
40 Chestnut Ridge Rd
Montvale, NJ 07645
MonseyGrades: UG | 62 students
Po Box 937
Monsey, NY 10952
Pearl RiverGrades: K-9 | 249 students
34 N Magnolia St
Pearl River, NY 10965
Woodcliff LakeGrades: NS-PK | 9 students
450 Chestnut Ridge Rd.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.