Apple Montessori School
Every child carries within them the person they will become.
At Apple Montessori School, we believe that the school community is responsible for discovering and nurturing the unique individual potential of each child.
Our curriculum provides a sound academic background while stimulating and challenging each child to meet his or her own particular needs and learning pace.
Our classrooms are rich with Montessori materials and supporting activities to promote intellectual as well as social growth.
We instill through example and action a love of learning, a strong work ethic, creativity, respect and compassion for others.
The philosophy upon which Apple Montessori School is based embraces the most fundamental teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori.
Our method is designed to build upon the individual skills and knowledge acquired in the pre-school and kindergarten years.
By offering multi-aged classrooms rich with Montessori materials, your child will be actively engaged in their own learning process.
He or she can move through new challenging materials quickly, or on to another experience without the boredom of waiting for others to catch up.
He or she can repeat these same activities until mastery is achieved.
This can be done without frustration of being pushed ahead before one is ready.
His or her own feelings of accomplishment act as a reinforcement to succeed.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
We offer half day and full day programs for our Toddlers (18 mo. to 2 1/2 years) and Prechoolers (2 1/2 years to Kinder). Morning sessions is from 8:30-11:30 and afternoon session is from 12:30-3:30. Kindergarten is a mandatory full day program.
Kellie Ann Capatasto
- Inspiring a love of learning for thousands of NJ children for 45 years: Apple Montessori Schools offers child-inspired infant, toddler, preschool and kindergarten programs for children ages six months through six years.
- We offer 15 convenient locations in north and central New Jersey with two schools in Hoboken. Our Wayne Nevins school includes an elementary program.
- Apple Montessori was recently named Most Loved Preschool in the Hoboken/Jersey City area.
- Our difference: We are devoted to nurturing the whole child intellectually, socially, emotionally, and beyond. It is the core of all we do. Scientific research confirms that Montessori children have an advantage not only academically, but also in social and emotional development. Children learn more rapidly from birth to age 6 than any other time in their lives, and our approach makes the most of that critical learning time with proven curriculum and enrichment programs. By recognizing that no two children are the same, our approach cultivates the unique potential of each and every child in a caring, safe, and supportive school environment.
- Safety-certified schools: Your child`s health and safety are paramount. Our schools and staff have been certified by Secure Education Consultants, headed by former secret service agents for the White House. We work diligently to enforce the procedures outlined by the State of New Jersey`s School Safety and Security best practice guidelines. Our protocols include ongoing staff training, regular drills, state-of-the-art fingerprint technology, advanced surveillance systems, and hospital grade germ sanitizing machines to reduce 99.9% of germs and viruses.
- Our team: Maria Montessori believed that teachers are most successful when they embrace the idea that children are innately curious and give them the freedom to explore their own passions at their own pace. Our warm and wonderful staff takes great pride in encouraging the big and small milestones that happen each day for your child.The Montessori advantage:Children follow their own passions at their own paceMulti-age classrooms to encourage peer-to-peer teaching and learningHands-on, experiential based learning that brings abstract principles to lifeExpert, nurturing teachers professionally trained in the Montessori methodSafe, supportive environment designed to foster self-esteem, creativity, and independenceOur core curriculum includes math, science, technology, history, geography, language arts and foreign language in addition to enrichment programs in art, music, character development and ethics. Curriculum integrates STEAM principles and hands-on math, science, history and geography, technology; our Montessori Plus curriculum includes character education, foreign language, fine arts, music and drama and physical education. We also offer FasTracKids, an accelerated gifted program as well as summer camp. Please call us or visit our website to arrange a tour. We look forward to welcoming your family to the Apple Montessori family!
My son has been at Apple Montessori School since he was 1 1/2 years old and graduates kindergarten this year. AMS is an incredible school where children thrive. We WISH Apple Montessori had elementary grades in the area. Because of his experience at Apple, my son has chosen to commute approximately an hour from home to stay in a Montessori school for his elementary education. As a parent I HIGHLY recommend Apple Montessori!!! If you''re making a decision for your child, take a tour and pay special attention to the work posted outside each classroom... Remember... it's all the work of children from 2-6 years old!!!
I love the apple montessori school in edison, my son loves it even more! He's been there for 2 years now and it's amazing the tremendous growth i''ve seen in him, The teachers are all wonderful and classrooms are well run and VERY CLEAN. I would reccomend this school to anyone!
Cannot find another comparable school in Edison. My son and daughter both love the school.
Endorse Apple Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.