Apple Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Every child carries within them the person they will become.
- At Apple Montessori School, we believe that the school community is responsible for discovering and nurturing the unique individual potential of each child.
- Our curriculum provides a sound academic background while stimulating and challenging each child to meet his or her own particular needs and learning pace.
- Our classrooms are rich with Montessori materials and supporting activities to promote intellectual as well as social growth.
- We instill through example and action a love of learning, a strong work ethic, creativity, respect and compassion for others.
- The philosophy upon which Apple Montessori School is based embraces the most fundamental teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Our method is designed to build upon the individual skills and knowledge acquired in the pre-school and kindergarten years.
- By offering multi-aged classrooms rich with Montessori materials, your child will be actively engaged in their own learning process.
- He or she can move through new challenging materials quickly, or on to another experience without the boredom of waiting for others to catch up.
- He or she can repeat these same activities until mastery is achieved.
- This can be done without frustration of being pushed ahead before one is ready.
- His or her own feelings of accomplishment act as a reinforcement to succeed.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We offer half day and full day programs for our Toddlers (18 mo. to 2 1/2 years) and Prechoolers (2 1/2 years to Kinder). Morning sessions is from 8:30-11:30 and afternoon session is from 12:30-3:30. Kindergarten is a mandatory full day program.|
|Admissions Director||Kellie Ann Capatasto|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Kilduff|
- Ages 6 weeks - 6 years
- Family owned, operated & trusted for over 40 years
- Nurturing the whole child Academic, social, emotional, physical & ethical growth
- A lifelong love of learning
- Hands on, individualized learning at your child`s own pace Highly-trained, experienced & nurturing team
- Multi-age classrooms for peer-to-peer teaching & learning
- Top-of-the-line safety & security
- Your child`s happiness & safety are top priorities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- EdisonGrades: PK-12 | 458 students
1295 Inman Ave
Edison, NJ 08820
- EdisonGrades: NS-K | 97 students
211 Mill Road
Edison, NJ 08837
- RutherfordGrades: K | 73 students
128 W Passaic Ave
Rutherford, NJ 07070
- East RutherfordGrades: NS-K | 90 students
144 Boiling Springs Ave.
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
- EdisonGrades: K-9 | 235 students
100 Seymour Ave
Edison, NJ 08817
I love the apple montessori school in edison, my son loves it even more! He's been there for 2 years now and it's amazing the tremendous growth i''ve seen in him, The teachers are all wonderful and classrooms are well run and VERY CLEAN. I would reccomend this school to anyone!
- Posted by Parent - sabin
My son has been at Apple Montessori School since he was 1 1/2 years old and graduates kindergarten this year. AMS is an incredible school where children thrive. We WISH Apple Montessori had elementary grades in the area. Because of his experience at Apple, my son has chosen to commute approximately an hour from home to stay in a Montessori school for his elementary education. As a parent I HIGHLY recommend Apple Montessori!!! If you''re making a decision for your child, take a tour and pay special attention to the work posted outside each classroom... Remember... it's all the work of children from 2-6 years old!!!
- Posted by Parent - RSqui
Cannot find another comparable school in Edison. My son and daughter both love the school.
- Posted by Parent - kul_s
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.