Apple Valley Christian Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (760) 813-3232
- AVCS is an independent, Classical, Christian School... Training Christian Leaders Committed to Excellence .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Average SAT score||1150|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,300|
|Tuition Notes||Above tuition is for Elementary. Middle School tuition is $6960 and High School tuition is $7860|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Coree La Rue|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Student Leadership Teams - MS and HS
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Choir - Elementary through High School, Drama and TV Production
- Accredited by: ACSI, WASC, CITA, and NCPSA
- College Preparatory School - Graduates earn high-end scholarships
- Christian Worldview integrates all subjects
- Classical Christian Education, offering Latin in grades 1-12
- AP level courses offered; High School courses are UC (a-g) approved; students may choose to take any of the AP tests offered
- Athletic Programs: Basketball, baseball, volleyball, and cross-country; CIF Academic Champions and Sportsmanship Awards
- Choral and Instrumental Music Programs
- Student Leadership Teams and ACSI Student Activities
- Community Service and Missions Trips
- Study Trips: Museums, Sacramento, Science Camp, Catalina, Europe, and Washington, D.C./New York
- Homeschool Program available
- Daycare Program available
- If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Smith in our school office (760-995-3516)
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Apple Valley Grades: K-12 | 33 students
19923 Bear Valley Rd
Apple Valley, CA 92308
(760) 247-2933 4.6 K-12
We chose AVCS for our son when he was entering High School. He had a fantastic Freshman year and flourished academically. The classical approach to learning implemented at this school was a huge part of why our son had such a successful year. The teachers and staff are excellent and challenged our son to work hard and do his best. He enjoyed playing baseball and basketball and grew as an athlete as well. Highly recommend this school for parents seeking a quality Christian education for their children.
- Posted by Parent - dwheat
Apple Valley Christian is an amazing school with teachers whos dedication shows!! The staff is very warm and friendly. My daughter loves the drama class. I'm grateful that she doesn't experience any bullying at this school, even as a freshman. I would highly recommend this school to any parent who's looking for a safe school that also academically challenges their children!
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
Our children attended AVCS throughout all of their school years and graduated as valedictorians. Very qualified teachers and solid academics. Family-like atmosphere with teachers that really care about their students. Scholar-athlete emphasis with their teams frequently presented with CIF Scholar Athlete awards. All of our children were accepted at universities with scholarships.
- Posted by Parent - cwats
Great safe school with amazing teachers & students.
- Posted by Parent - macau
My family has been so blessed to be part of AVCS. The teachers are Great at what they do, educating & training Christian Leaders for the future.
- Posted by Parent - ccase
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?