Archbishop Riordan High School
- Archbishop Riordan High School, an Archdiocesan Catholic High School in the Marianist tradition, develops the character of young men and instills Christian values in an environment of academic excellence that reflects the cultural richness of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Archbishop Riordan High School is an urban Catholic high school for boys, owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco and conducted by the Society of Mary, Marianists, who are assisted by lay men and women.
- Archbishop Riordan reflects the cultural heritage of the ethnic groups of the City of San Francisco and its adjacent communities.
- The school respects the integrity of each individual as a unique human being.
- The school admits students of varying abilities. Archbishop Riordan engages its students in a process of education which promotes each student's personal growth and development in the intellectual, spiritual, social, and physical aspects of his life.
- To achieve this process, Archbishop Riordan strives to be a Christian community of faculty, students, parents, and others associated with its programs, who by example, instruction, and concerns, mutually support and assist one another to develop Christian values of love of God, love of oneself and love of others.
- Each member of the Christian community at Archbishop Riordan will accept the responsibility of these ideals in order to foster the Church's mission of message, service, and community.
- The school will continue to re-evaluate its curriculum and programs to insure that the specific needs of its diversified school community are met.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Diagnosed mild to moderate learning disabilities, spectrum disorders, NVLD, ADD/ADHD or any OHI.|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Language, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Students are required to look neat and presentable each day. Students wear khaki pants and ARHS logo shirts on regular dress days.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,410|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sally O'Connell|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Marching Band, Theater Marching Band, Theater,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Daly CityGrades: 9-12 | 43 students
444 E Market St
Daly City, CA 94014
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 1466 students
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 1270 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 445 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
1563 Page St
San Francisco, CA 94117