Hope Academy was founded in 1997 to serve the residents of the presbyterian Home for Children, a Christian caring community for children and families.
From there it has expanded to become an exceptional school with expertise in working with children who need special attention, especially those with learning disabilities, ADHD, or who have fallen behind for any number of reasons.
Gifted students also find a home in the small classes and personalized level of instruction.
- Top Ranked AL School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 26 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,000
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Average ACT score
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition covers books and supplies.
National avg.: 85%
- SACS-accredited program ensures quality and knowledge that grades will transfer and be accepted at all colleges and universities.
- Above average pass rate on the Alabama High School Graduation Exam.
- Small class size (averaging 6-12 students per teacher).
- Personalized attention allows students and teachers to perform as a team.
- Instructors with a high expectations for academic achievement.
- Close communication between parent, instructor, and child regarding all aspects of the child's development and education.
- Special emphasis on individual instructional needs.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home cost?
Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home's tuition is approximately $4,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home?
The acceptance rate of Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home is 90%, which is equal to the national average of 90%.
What is Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home's ranking?
Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for: Least expensive tuition and Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home?
The application deadline for Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Ascension Leadership Academy Presbyterian Home. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.