Athens Christian Academy
- Athens Christian Academy is a school that meets the academic needs of children, grades K-8.
- In conjunction with parents, the academy seeks the highest academic standards in an environment that promotes the basic tenets of the Christian faith.
- Our desire is that through academic excellence and nurturing of the spirit, each child will reach his/her God-given potential.
- ACA uses a variety of proven Christian and secular curricula as a key element in our successful learning equation.
- The Board of Directors, administrator, teachers, and staff of ACA confess and affirm the central beliefs and truths of the Christian faith and seek to honor those truths throughout the school.
- Students have access to computers, hands-on science lab, and library each week.
- Spanish and fine arts are also taught weekly. All grade levels attend physical education classes daily, and our upper grades are instructed in study skills.
- ACA does not offer special education classes at this time.
- Students are required to wear school uniforms. All staff and students enjoy chapel weekly.
- Other activities include regional field trips, community service projects, and student competitions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,600|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Golf,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Clubtastic on Mondays|
- Athens Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of national or ethnic origin, race, or color in administration of its educational policies, financial aid programs, or other school administered programs. The Christian learning environment is the number one reason parents send their children to the academy. Parents understand that it is more important than ever to include moral character developement as an elementary principle in their child's education. When Christianity is integrated into the educational process, the emphasis goes far beyond test scores. In this atmospere, there are fewer discipline problems, and that translates into more time for learning. Students reach a higher level of academic achievement at the acadmy.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mabank Grades: PK-10 | 24 students
5503 Fm 316
Mabank, TX 75156
(903) 451-9282 13.1 PK-10
- Canton Grades: K-12 | 31 students
1315 W Dallas
Canton, TX 75103
(903) 567-1133 26.1 K-12
- Flint Grades: PK-6 | 5 students
18110 Fm 344 W
Flint, TX 75762
(903) 825-1011 26.1 PK-6