Auburn Montessori School
Tel: (603) 627-1691
Auburn Montessori School Photo #2 - Our classroom is quiet and spacious with 7 curriculum areas. Lifeskills, Sensorial, math, language arts, science, cultural studies, music, and art combine to provide a complete Montessori experience that takes the child to first grade readiness. Here in Auburn, we have also added a creative playroom, which changes themes often to provide opportunity to imagine, cooperate, and share ideas.
Auburn Montessori School Photo #3 - We often raise and care for baby animals at Auburn Montessori. Could be chicks, puppies, or even baby goats. Winter is seen here having his bottle, he required a lot of TLC, and medical care including surgery. The children were involved and concerned, and now he is a healthy happy 3 year old. Just like some of our human kids!
Auburn Montessori School Photo #4 - Here is a glimpse of one of our creative playrooms. In the flower shop, your can don a hat and a shopping bag, and choose a vase to fill with flowers, then ring up a total and count out your coins. Or you can plant seeds or seedlings in the greenhouse area. Merchants and customers interact sharing ideas.
Auburn Montessori School Photo #5 - All of our children are encouraged to develop according to their own inner timetable. "Following the child" was Maria Montessori's concept of true education of the young. Making choices, following a work cycle, responsibility, refining skills, cooperation all combine to develop the confident self taught learner.
Auburn Montessori School Photo #6 - Auburn Montessori has been in operation for over 40 years in the greater Manchester area. We are proud of our program, our families and our growth. We continue to offer a premier Montessori experience combined with outdoor programs and creative play. Summer camp and aftercare available
- Our school was established in 1980 as the Montessori Children's House of Manchester, Inc. After operating in several urban settings, we began to wish for a house of our own in a more rural setting, where children could look outside and be surrounded by nature, play among trees and stone walls, and care for animals.
- In 1989 we found just what we were looking for in Auburn, rural, beautiful, feeling like a home rather than an institution.
- We have access to woodland trails, marshes and plenty of room to roam.
- our teachers are committed to Montessori, trained and experienced in child development.
- With a supportive work environment we have virtually no staff turnover.
- Working together year after year, while continuing to broaden our academic horizons, we have learned to shoulder responsibilities together, support each other as needed, and turn to one another for advice or validation.
- This finely tuned rhythm can only exist where each member of the team is committed, responsible, and consistent.
- Every teacher at Auburn Montessori brings her own expertise into the classroom, and contributes something special.
- Recognition of each other's strengths allows the staff to have a close, supportive relationship that benefits the entire organization.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||we offer a number of options weekly and daily so cost varies|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,800|
|Tuition Notes||payable monthly @ $580|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manchester Grades: PK-K | 70 students
227 Londonderry Tpke
Manchester, NH 03104
(603) 624-6650 1.4 PK-K
- Auburn Grades: PK-K | 30 students
32 Hooksett Rd
Auburn, NH 03032
(603) 483-2338 1.6 PK-K
- Hooksett Grades: PK | 36 students
1249 Hooksett Rd
Hooksett, NH 03106
(603) 623-0678 3.5 PK
- Manchester Grades: NS-K | 175 students
491 East Industrial Park Dr
Manchester, NH 03109
(603) 669-7990 3.5 NS-K
- Auburn Grades: NS-PK | 62 students
4 Wilsons Crossing Rd
Auburn, NH 03032
(603) 483-0200 3.5 NS-PK
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.