Augustine Classical Academy
Augustine Classical Academy Photo #2 - Our athletic options include: Fall- Rowing and Soccer, Winter- Fencing and Alpine Skiing, Spring- Rowing.
Augustine Classical Academy Photo #3 - Drama is a GPA bearing class that all upperschool students take. The year long course concludes with a full-blown Shakespeare production. Our students have performed 12th Night, Much Ado About Nothing, MacBeth, The Tempest (pictured here), Midsummer's Night Dream, Love's Labors Lost and this year's production is The Taming of the Shrew.
Augustine Classical Academy Photo #4 - Our Mock Trial team has one two county championships in its four year history and in 2016, after winning Saratoga county, they swept the regional championship and advanced to the State Final where they finished 5th in the State.
Augustine Classical Academy Photo #5 - All of our upper school (7-12) students study a musical instrument (piano or orchestral) and all sing in our choir. Both musical classes as well as drama and studio art are required for all students and are GPA bearing.
- Augustine Classical Academy, a classical Christian school in Saratoga county, equips students with tools of learning using the time-tested Trivium method.
- Following the biblical pattern laid out by Solomon, students grow in knowledge, understanding, and wisdom as they learn to view all of life through the lens of Scripture.
- Younger students are introduced to the pleasant rigor of classical learning as they learn the grammar of subjects through chants, rhymes, and songs.
- Dialectic students (grades 7-9) learn to reason well as they study formal logic and apply its principles to all other disciplines.
- Rhetoric students (grades 10-12), articulate and thoughtful young adults, speak and write with confidence and poise.
- With small classes and lively discussions, an emphasis on Christian charity in relationships, and a belief that all education is discipleship, students pursue a rigorous course of study within a community of Christian scholars.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus, Latin, Physics, Statistics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Skirts for the girls, coat and tie for boys.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||$3,500 for Kindergarten $5,000 for Grammar School $6,500 for Upper School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Matthew Hopkins|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Crew, Fencing, Rock Climbing, Soccer, TennisAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Mock Trial, Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama/Theater, Orchestra, Studio Art
Augustine Classical Academy opened its doors in September of 2009. Currently in its 10 year, we offer classes for every grade K-12. We have full enrollment and waiting pools for 2 grades in the 2018-19 school year.
- Half-day kindergarten.
- Rigorous academic program.
- Great Ideas courses (Great Books of Literature, Great Works of Theology, Great Ideas of History) for 11th-12th grades
- Solid math and science program, with most 10th graders taking Algebra II/Trigonometry and seniors taking AP Calculus.
- Annual Shakespeare production for all Upper School (grades 7-12) students. Prior performances include Twelfth Night, Love's Labor's Lost, and The Winter's Tale. Dialectic students (ie middleschoolers) produce a musical each year.
- Arts classes include required participation in choir, instrumental ensembles/orchestra, studio arts, drama, and protocol
- Co-curricular activities include rowing, fencing, soccer, basketball, alpine skiing, rockclimbing, Mock Trial, First Tech Challenge Robotics, and MathCounts
Numbers certainly don`t tell the whole story of a school, but we believe that these might help dispel misperceptions that are easy to fall into with small start-up schools like ours. Enjoy, and thanks for looking into our school.
Percent of ACA Upper School students who play a musical instrument 100% (All 7-12th graders receive instrumental instruction and play in our orchestra)
Minimum number of Shakespeare plays in which an ACA student performs before graduating 4
(Drama is a GPA bearing course that all of our Upper School students take)
Number of times ACA swept the Saratoga County Champs in Mock Trial since the team was founded 5 years ago. 3
(In addition, our team has earned one regional title and finished 5th in the State Championship.)
Percent of ACA graduates who have been recruited to D1 athletic programs 10%
(Our student athletes have received official visits from Boston U, Harvard, Stanford, US Naval Academy, U. Penn, and Princeton)
Number of ACA grads who have earned the highest ROTC scholarship 2
Number of classes and tests produced by God-rejecting authorities required to graduate from ACA 0
(ACA is fully independent and submits only to Christ and the families we serve)
Percent of Upper School students involved in our robotics team 32% (ACA competes in FIRST`s Tech Challenge funded in part by a grant from Global Foundries)
Percent of our alumni who pursue graduate studies 16% (Our 21 grads have been accepted to Binghamton U, Boston U, Christendom College, Clarkson U, Covenant College, Cornell U, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical U, Gordon College, Grove City College, Hillsdale College, Liberty U, Princeton U, RIT, RPI, Smith College, The Kings College, U of Dallas, U. Penn, U of Rochester, and Wheaton College)
Number of AP (Advance Placement) courses offered at ACA 5
(To date ACA has offered AP courses in Statistics, Latin, Calculus, Art History, and Physics- more on the way)
Number of losses by the ACA boys soccer team in the 3 year history of the Founders League 0(ACA offers interscholastic athletics in Basketball, Fencing, Rowing, and Soccer)
Number of years in a row that at least one ACA senior has been recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Program. 5
Number of gym classes taken by ACA Upper School students in the Winter 0
(Our school lumps up its winter gym time onto 5 Fridays when the whole school skips classes to go skiing in VT)
Number of minutes a typical ACA Sr. spends orally defending their Thesis before a panel of experts. 20
(Writing and defending a Senior Thesis is an ACA graduation requirement)
Percent of ACA students who have taken a full year of categorical and propositional logic before the start of their Freshman year. 100%
(This foundation for clear thinking and great computer programming is a main-stay of our middleschool curriculum)
Ratio of height of the average Freshman to the height of the books in the Great Ideas reading list when stacked one on top of the other. 1:1
(GI is our capstone humanities course during which our 11th and 12th graders read their way through the books that have shaped the Western World and will now shape them)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Troy Grades: PK-12 | 122 students
260 Oakwood Ave
Troy, NY 12182
(518)271-0526 8.7 PK-12
- Albany Grades: 9-12 | 141 students
99 Slingerland Street
Albany, NY 12202
(518)463-2247 18.6 9-12
- Amsterdam Grades: PK-12 | 26 students
1863 County Highway 107
Amsterdam, NY 12010
(518)843-0734 26.8 PK-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.