Baton Rouge Lutheran School
While field trip opportunities are too numerous to list, 8th grade students celebration their 'BRLS graduation' with a learning trip to DisneyWorld in Orlando, FL.
Students in grades 4-8 have the option of Band or Vocal Music. All music students present two concerts each year.
Students in grades 6-8 travel to the Old State Capitol to debate bills, pass laws, and serve as 'elected officials' during Youth Legislature sessions.
This afterschool cooking club encourages teamwork, enhances math and reading skills, and, most importantly, is great fun!
- Baton Rouge Lutheran School (BRLS) has been providing a quality, caring, Christ-centered education to Preschool (3's) - 8th grade students since 1957. The BRLS curriculum provides sequential and developmentally appropriate instruction in all basic academic areas and is enriched by classes in physical education, computer, art, music (vocal and instrumental), study skills, and foreign language, as well as daily religion classes and weekly chapels.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||233 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform shirt and navy or plaid pants/shorts/skirts required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition level listed for Kindergarten- junior high full-day students. Tuition lower for younger students and any multi-child tuition discounts. Does not include registration fee. (Need-based tuition assistance available.)|
|Admissions Director||Mikki Richard|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cub Scouts & Boy Scouts, Daisy & Girl Scouts, Keep & Share (craft) Club, Mixin' & Fixin' (cooking) Club, National Junior Honor Society, Performance Choir, Yearbook Clu|
- Visitors are always welcome at Baton Rouge Lutheran School! Come see the Education Anchored In Christ we have offered since 1957....Developmentally appropriate curriculum...Qualified teachers and low pupil/teacher ratio...Daily religion classes and weekly all-school chapel...Rediker Plus Portal - secure online access to student information...Computer instruction, grades 1-8...Band program, grades 4-8...Orff-Schulwerk Method Music program, grades Preschool (PS)-8...Foreign Language, grades 6-8...Art Instruction, grades 1-8...Sports programs, grades 3-8...Extended day childcare, grades PS-8...Hot Lunch program (optional)...Free bus transportation (limited)...And much more!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-8 | 521 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)926-4885 2.7 PK-8
- Baton Rouge Grades: 1-12 | 52 students
17017 Florida Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70819
(225)272-5592 3.7 1-12
- Baton Rouge Grades: K-9 | 334 students
3953 N Flannery Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70814
(225)272-8339 2.7 K-9
- Baton Rouge Grades: NS-5 | 64 students
5228 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)767-6620 5.5 NS-5
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-12 | 1274 students
5750 Parkview Church Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225)291-2500 4.2 PK-12
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.