Baton Rouge Lutheran School
While field trip opportunities are too numerous to list, 8th grade students celebration their 'BRLS graduation' with a learning trip to DisneyWorld in Orlando, FL.
Students in grades 4-8 have the option of Band or Vocal Music. All music students present two concerts each year.
Students in grades 6-8 travel to the Old State Capitol to debate bills, pass laws, and serve as 'elected officials' during Youth Legislature sessions.
This afterschool cooking club encourages teamwork, enhances math and reading skills, and, most importantly, is great fun!
- Nationally accredited and state approved, Baton Rouge Lutheran School (BRLS) has been providing a quality, caring, Christ-centered education to Preschool (3's) - 8th grade students since 1957.
- The BRLS curriculum provides sequential and developmentally appropriate instruction in all basic academic areas and is enriched by classes in physical education, computer, art, music (vocal and instrumental), study skills, and foreign language, as well as daily religion classes and weekly chapels.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||233 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform shirt and navy or plaid pants/shorts/skirts required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition level listed for Kindergarten- junior high full-day students. Tuition lower for younger students and any multi-child tuition discounts. Does not include registration fee. (Need-based tuition assistance may be available.)|
|Admissions Director||Janet R. Schmieder|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cub Scouts & Boy Scouts, Daisy & Girl Scouts, Keep & Share (craft) Club, Mixin' & Fixin' (cooking) Club, National Junior Honor Society, Performance Choir, Yearbook Club Yearbook Club, Cub Scouts & Boy Scouts,|
Daisy & Girl Scouts,
Keep & Share (craft) Club,
Mixin' & Fixin' (cooking) Club,
National Junior Honor Society,
- Visitors are always welcome at Baton Rouge Lutheran School! Come see the Education Anchored In Christ we have offered since 1957....Developmentally appropriate curriculum...Qualified teachers and low pupil/teacher ratio...Excellent facilities and security...State-of-the-art instructional technology...Rediker Plus Portal - secure online access to student information...Daily religion classes and weekly all-school chapel...Computer instruction, grades 1-8...Band program, grades 4-8...Orff-Schulwerk Method Music program, grades Preschool (PS)-8...Foreign Language, grades 6-8...Art Instruction, grades 1-8...Sports programs, grades 3-8...Extended day childcare, grades PS-8...Hot Lunch program (optional)...Free bus transportation (limited)...And much more!
Profile last updated: 01/29/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-8 | 566 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Baton RougeGrades: 1-12 | 52 students
17017 Florida Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70819
- Baton RougeGrades: K-9 | 334 students
3953 N Flannery Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70814
- Baton RougeGrades: NS-5 | 64 students
5228 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Baton RougeGrades: NS-5 | 143 students
11107 Honore Lane
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.