Beauvoir, The National Cathedral Elementary School
- Top Ranked DC School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Students: 401 students
- Yearly Tuition: $36,655
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 3
Beauvoir, The National Cathedral Elementary School places among the top 20% of private schools in District Of Columbia for:
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
Beauvoir Language Institute, Enrichment Program
- Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School, founded in 1933, is a primary school dedicated to educating a diverse student body in a caring and creative environment is an independent, co-ed school for children from pre-kindergarten through third grade, Beauvoir operates under the aegis of the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation, and focuses all of its resources on early childhood education.
- We believe that a child`s early school years are vital to building strong conceptual skills and attitudes that drive future academic achievement and social development.
- We believe that children have different learning styles and so we seek to develop the unique potential of each child.
- We believe this developmental approach enables children to build self-reliance, and acquire skills to think and work creatively.
- We believe in the Beauvoir Life Rules-respect, responsibility, honesty and kindness-and we emphasize character development in the classroom and throughout the school community.
- We believe in diversity.
- We actively seek qualified children of varied economic, religious, cultural and racial backgrounds.
- And we believe our children benefit from a curriculum that helps them to understand their place in our increasingly multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-racial society.
- We believe that providing the best education depends on attracting, supporting and retaining the best teachers-a faculty that drives our commitment to excellence in early childhood education.
Endorse Beauvoir, The National Cathedral Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards