Belleville Mennonite School
- Bellevile Mennonite School provides a comprehensive Pre-K through Gade 12 education in a Christ-centered environment, and prepares students to change the world through Christlike service, peacemaking, and leadership. Belleville Mennonite School continues to grow as an academic community that develops minds, builds faith, and makes disciples.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||50 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, Calculus, Honors Bible, Honors English, Honors Geometry, Honors History, Honors Language and Literature, Honors Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish language, Statistics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
|Admissions Director||Rachel French|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, SoccerBasketball, Field Hockey,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Drama Club, Worship Team, Yearbook Choir, Drama Club, Worship Team, Yearbook,|
- Enrollment. Currently, 240 students, representing 140 families, are enrolled at Belleville Mennonite School for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Faculty. Belleville Mennonite School's roster of qualified faculty takes personal interest in each child's learning achievement. Educated at a variety of respected universities, teachers provide quality education through classes that develop students' intellectual, academic and spiritual growth.
- Technology. With a 3.5 student to computer ratio, every student at Belleville Mennonite School has adequate access to computer resources. Dedicated to teaching students how to effectively use and interact with today's ever-changing technology, BMS requires basic computing classes such as keyboarding and computer applications and offers elective classes focused on web design and computer assembly and repair.
- Learning Environment/PSSA scores: With a curriculum that generates intellectual development and academic preparation, classes and teachers at BMS provide a quality education in a safe, Christian environment. A low student to teacher ratio (1:16) allows each student to receive the individual attention that leads to academic success. Standardized test score results reveal that BMS students performed above the national average.
- Continuing Education Statistics. Since the Class of 2003, approximately 70% of Belleville Mennonite School graduates have pursued higher education at a variety of liberal arts and technical colleges.
- Student Leadership and Honors Programs. A student senate, comprised of two representatives from each high school class, initiates service and school spirit activities. Belleville Mennonite School's National Honor Society provides additional educational and service opportunities.
- Extracurricular Activities. Belleville Mennonite School hosts many extracurricular activities in which students choose to participate. High school students participate in PIAA District 6 soccer, field hockey and girls and boys basketball competition. All teams have competed in District playoffs over the past 2 years. Students participate in the fine arts by joining choirs, worship team, and theatre productions. The Belleville Mennonite School high school choir participates in the Mennonite Education Agency (MEA) choir festival each spring and hosted the event in April of 2007. Additionally, an elementary Christmas musical and middle school and high school choir concerts take place each year. Dramatic performance opportunities at BMS include a fall production and a student-led middle school play in the spring. Students also participate in the middle school chess club and elementary spelling bee.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BellevilleGrades: 1-12 | 57 students
120 Applehouse Rd
Belleville, PA 17004
- BellevilleGrades: 1-8 | 53 students
138 Peachey Rd
Belleville, PA 17004
- BellevilleGrades: 1-12 | 43 students
41 Schoolhouse Rd
Belleville, PA 17004
- LewistownGrades: K-5 | 89 students
110 N Dorcas St
Lewistown, PA 17044
- Mc VeytownGrades: 1-8 | 35 students
234 Little Brick Rd
Mc Veytown, PA 17051
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.