Belleville Mennonite School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (717) 935-2184
Belleville Mennonite School Photo #2 - Not only do BMS students receive an excellent education, their faith is developed. Students in all grades at BMS take part in daily prayer and devotions, Chapels, and Bible courses.
Belleville Mennonite School Photo #3 - Jesus Christ is of utmost importance to Belleville Mennonite School's ministry. The school was established by Mennonite ministers and families who desired a Christian education for their families and children. BMS remains a partnership between the family, church and school to this day.
Belleville Mennonite School Photo #4 - Students are invited to participate in a variety of sports. BMS offers Junior High and Varsity Field Hockey (girls), Soccer (guys) and Basketball (both). Teams participate in the ACAA league and often qualify for PIAA district playoffs.
Belleville Mennonite School Photo #5 - BMS students interact every day with loving, sincere Christian teachers who support the spiritual, Bible-based principles of Christian parents.
Belleville Mennonite School Photo #6 - Our graduates are well-prepared to pursue higher education, technical degrees, or enter the workforce. BMS alumni are represented in every vocation!
Belleville Mennonite School Photo #7 - BMS offers several preschool class options! Our 3-day Pre-K programs meet Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 8:00-11:00 am or 12:00-3:00 pm. The 2-day class, open to both 3 and 4 year-olds, meets Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 8:00-11:00 am. We also offer a Pre-K Counts program, which is Monday-Friday, from 9:00 am-12:00 pm (half-day option) and 9:00 am-2:30 pm (full-day option).
Belleville Mennonite School Photo #8 - Belleville Mennonite School offers Kindergarten in two formats, half day and full day. Both formats provide an excellent academic foundation for success in first grade. Our half day Kindergarten begins at 8:00 am and ends at 12:30 pm. This Kindergarten program includes excellent instruction in core subjects like reading, writing and math!
Bellevile Mennonite School provides a comprehensive Pre-K through Gade 12 education in a Christ-centered environment, and prepares students to change the world through Christlike service, peacemaking, and leadership. Belleville Mennonite School continues to grow as an academic community that develops minds, builds faith, and makes disciples.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, Calculus, Honors Bible, Honors English, Honors Geometry, Honors History, Honors Language and Literature, Honors Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish language, Statistics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PreK - 12th grade tuition rates: $1,621 - $6,401 (Discounts apply for families with 2 or more students at BMS.)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nicholas Wilson|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, SoccerBasketball, Field Hockey,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Drama Club, Worship Team, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
National Honor Society
- Enrollment. Currently, 207 students, representing 130 families, are enrolled at Belleville Mennonite School for the 2020-21 school year.
- Faculty. Belleville Mennonite School's roster of qualified faculty takes personal interest in each child's learning achievement. Educated at a variety of respected universities, teachers provide quality education through classes that develop students' intellectual, academic and spiritual growth.
- Technology. With a 3.5 student to computer ratio, every student at Belleville Mennonite School has adequate access to computer resources. Dedicated to teaching students how to effectively use and interact with today's ever-changing technology, BMS requires basic computing classes such as keyboarding and computer applications and offers elective classes focused on web design and computer assembly and repair.
- Learning Environment/PSSA scores. With a curriculum that generates intellectual development and academic preparation, classes and teachers at BMS provide a quality education in a safe, Christian environment. A low student to teacher ratio (1:16) allows each student to receive the individual attention that leads to academic success. Standardized test score results reveal that BMS students performed above the national average.
- Student Leadership and Honors Programs. A student senate, comprised of two representatives from each high school class, initiates service and school spirit activities. Belleville Mennonite School's National Honor
- Extracurricular Activities. Belleville Mennonite School hosts many extracurricular activities in which students choose to participate. High school students participate in PIAA District 6 soccer, field hockey and girls and boys basketball competition. Students participate in the fine arts by joining choirs, worship team, and theatre productions. Additionally, an elementary Christmas musical and middle school and high school choir concerts take place each year. Dramatic performance opportunities at BMS include a fall production and a student-led middle school play in the spring.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntingdon Grades: PK-12 | 133 students
300 Standing Stone Ave
Huntingdon, PA 16652
(814) 643-4075 16.5 PK-12
There are many reasons I am thankful that my children attend BMS. The class sizes are small providing individualized attention to the students. The teachers are committed to their work and their faith. My kids love all of the extracurricular opportunities as well. We are blessed to be able to have our children at Belleville Mennonite School!
- Posted by Parent - Andrew
My experience with BMS is twofold, I am a graduate and have sent my children to the school as well. My experience as a student was positive and I can look back and say I`m grateful that my parents made the sacrifice to send me to private school. As a parent, I`m happy to send my children, knowing that they are getting the best education in our area. Small class sizes enable my child to be cared for in any way they specifically need. My interactions with the teachers has always been positive and comforting. I know that my children are being nurtured and taught intellectually and spiritually. My children were in public school in our area as well. I always felt like their schooling centered around them scoring well on the standardized testing, instead of preparing them for their future academically. I`m so thankful for the Christ centered teaching at BMS!
- Posted by Parent - Christen
We chose to send our son Landen to BMS because of the Christ-like community and the education that is rooted in bibicalprinciples.
- Posted by Parent - Becky Armstrong
Founded in 1945, Belleville Mennonite School today is a very complete evangelical Christian school. Its strength is its people. The faculty practice biblical integration as the Bible speaks into each subject area. The teachers set the example as they nurture and mentor students towards knowing Christ and making Him known. The students more often are "thermostats" who lead and set the learning culture rather than being "thermometers" who simply reflect the tone and attitude of the day. This is one great launch pad empowering students to serve God with integrity, competence, and passion.
- Posted by Administrator - Superintendent
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.