Bending Oaks High School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Bending Oaks School was founded in 1985 by a group of teachers who wanted to create a learning environment in which students would look forward to going to class, get more personal attention, achieve higher grades, and interact with other students.
- Our mission is to provide a supportive learning environment which promotes individual growth, an excitement for learning, and the skills to prepare for higher education.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, OCD, ADD, School Phobia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Parents can choose to pay tuition over 12 months, 10 months, or one semester at a time. We also offer outside funding sources, allowing parents to pay over a longer period of time. A portion of our families receive some type of tuition discount from us.|
We often serve students with:
- Mild Learning Differences
- Depression, Anxiety and/or OCD
- Low MotivationGender/Sexuality Issues
- School PhobiaHomework Avoidance Problems
- Social Isolation IssuesTraditional or Online School Failure
- Time consuming after-school activities / appointments
- Desires to make positive changes
- Desires to attend college while in high school
- A need for a fresh start or a soft place to land
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 1085 students
11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
(214)363-6311 4.9 PK-12
- Addison Grades: PK-12 | 1318 students
4141 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
(972)628-5400 5.8 PK-12
- San Antonio Grades: 9-12 | 160 students
618 Live Oak
San Antonio, TX 78202
(210)223-2944 261.7 9-12
- Erie Grades: 9-12 | 544 students
538 E Grandview Blvd
Erie, PA 16504
(814)824-2210 1110.4 9-12
Our daughter love, love this school! Strong academics, great atmosphere makes our child trill academically and emotionally! Complete opposite experience then previous high school she attended.Bending Oaks High School was excellent choice!
- Posted by Parent - Renata C
Bending Oaks academic programs: EXCELLENT. Teachers: OUTSTANDING Facilities: AWESOMELY HAPPY Lots of music, arts, sports and extracurricular activities. Bending Oaks is the best school my son (and his parents) have ever experienced. With four children, and moving many times all over the States and once out of the States, we have gone through EIGHTEEN different private schools. No question about it: Bending Oaks is the best of the best. BOHS is still playing a pivotal role in building up my son's self esteem after an emotional crisis he had three tears ago. With the love and expertise of his parents, his therapists and the teachers and administrators of Bending Oaks, my son is starting to shine again. God bless the amazing people that make BOHS possible!
- Posted by Parent - shosh
Great school - Great teachers!! I highly recommend Bending Oaks High School for students that want a more personal, creative and fulfilling high school experience. My son thrived during his four years there and it was worth every dollar.
- Posted by Parent - chapm
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.