Bethany Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Our Mission is to provide a Christ-centered learning environment where students are able to learn who they are in Christ and to discover and develop their God-given talents to empower them to fulfill God`s purpose for their lives.
- Bethany Christian School is a discipleship school. This means BCS recognizes it`s purpose as to complement and supplement what is presently being taught in the Christian home. The school's role is to impress each student with the knowledge that God is the source of each subject in the curriculum. Bethany Christian School is approved by the state of Louisiana, and is dually-accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA). These achievements challenge us to continually improve as we meet the educational and spiritual needs of our students. We also partner with Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUef) to be strengthened and encouraged through other godly educator relationships.
- Bethany`s Cub Club exists to provide families the support and tools needed to train up their children to love God, enjoy learning, and care for others. Shaping young hearts to share, showing kindness to friends and correcting with redemptive discipline, our goal is always the cross of Christ. We know God`s word is true and will not return void (Isa. 55:11)! Following the Bethany Christian School calendar, we care for little ones as early as six-weeks old through three years old.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||http://www.bethanychristianschool.com/docs/2017-2018-BCS-Admissions-Packet-(New-Student).pdf http://www.bethanychristianschool.com/docs/2017-2018-Cub-Club-Admissions-Packet-(New-Student).pdf|
|Admissions Director||Celeste Wilkinson|
- Bethany Christian School was founded on a desire to provide the congregation of Bethany Church and other interested parties with the opportunity of educating their children totally - in body, mind, and spirit - engraving the Word of God on their hearts (Deut. 6:6). Our philosophy centers on Jesus Christ as the focal point of all teaching and learning. Because we believe the Bible is the infallible, divine Word of God, we desire that students be conformed into the image of Jesus (Rom. 8:9), that they learn to think like Him and to live the whole of their life according to biblical perspectives and principles.
- Bethany Christian School is a "discipleship" school. This means BCS sees its purpose to be complementing and supplementing to what is going on in the Christian home. BCS is not called to be an evangelistic tool of the ministry. The school's role is to impress on each student with the knowledge that God is the source of all subjects in the curriculum (Col. 1:17; Col. 17; II Cor. 8:6). Accordingly, teachers implement biblical principles into their classroom instruction and discipline. In addition, as a discipleship school, we are here to educate students who come from Christian homes in which parents agree with our statement of faith and agree with the biblical standards of marriage and family.
- BCS sees education as a succession of the instruction and internal discipline based upon the teachings and principles found in the Bible.
- Education is: (1) to shed light on the student's academic comprehension and to expose his mind to justice, truth, and ownership of property (right of possessing, enjoying, or disposing of a thing inherent or natural); (2) to set free the mind so that the student will reason based upon the criteria of truth set forth in the Word of God; (3) to mold the student's behavior so that the student may pursue the course of life in which Jesus Christ has chosen for him/her and, thus, be a beneficial and valuable asset to society.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-8 | 566 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 623 students
2037 Quail Dr
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-8 | 127 students
Po Box 53348
Baton Rouge, LA 70892
- BakerGrades: PK-12 | 311 students
12801 Centerra Court
Baker, LA 70714
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 85 students
1896 Wooddale Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
We love having our two children at BCS! Our youngest is in the Cub Club and the oldest is in BCS. All of the teachers and staff are so nurturing and loving. More importantly our children are taught biblical standards and how to love God. Our family definitely recommends BCS and Cub Club!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.