Bethany Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (225) 412-5335
- Our Mission is to provide a Christ-centered learning environment where students are able to learn who they are in Christ and to discover and develop their God-given talents to empower them to fulfill God`s purpose for their lives.
- Bethany Christian School is a discipleship school. This means BCS recognizes it`s purpose as to complement and supplement what is presently being taught in the Christian home. The school's role is to impress each student with the knowledge that God is the source of each subject in the curriculum. Bethany Christian School is approved by the state of Louisiana, and is dually-accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA). These achievements challenge us to continually improve as we meet the educational and spiritual needs of our students. We also partner with Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUef) to be strengthened and encouraged through other godly educator relationships.
- Bethany`s Cub Club exists to provide families the support and tools needed to train up their children to love God, enjoy learning, and care for others. Shaping young hearts to share, showing kindness to friends and correcting with redemptive discipline, our goal is always the cross of Christ. We know God`s word is true and will not return void (Isa. 55:11)! Following the Bethany Christian School calendar, we care for little ones as early as six-weeks old through three years old.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,525|
|Tuition Notes||Multi-child discount available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Celeste Wilkinson|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cheering, SoccerCheering, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Jr Beta Club, Lego Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Private Piano and Vocal Lessons
- Bethany Christian School was founded on a desire to provide the congregation of Bethany Church and other interested parties with the opportunity of educating their children totally - in body, mind, and spirit - engraving the Word of God on their hearts (Deut. 6:6). Our philosophy centers on Jesus Christ as the focal point of all teaching and learning. Because we believe the Bible is the infallible, divine Word of God, we desire that students be conformed into the image of Jesus (Rom. 8:9), that they learn to think like Him and to live the whole of their life according to biblical perspectives and principles.
- Bethany Christian School is a "discipleship" school. This means BCS sees its purpose to be complementing and supplementing to what is going on in the Christian home. BCS is not called to be an evangelistic tool of the ministry. The school's role is to impress on each student with the knowledge that God is the source of all subjects in the curriculum (Col. 1:17; Col. 17; II Cor. 8:6). Accordingly, teachers implement biblical principles into their classroom instruction and discipline. In addition, as a discipleship school, we are here to educate students who come from Christian homes in which parents agree with our statement of faith and agree with the biblical standards of marriage and family.
- BCS sees education as a succession of the instruction and internal discipline based upon the teachings and principles found in the Bible.
- Education is: (1) to shed light on the student's academic comprehension and to expose his mind to justice, truth, and ownership of property (right of possessing, enjoying, or disposing of a thing inherent or natural); (2) to set free the mind so that the student will reason based upon the criteria of truth set forth in the Word of God; (3) to mold the student's behavior so that the student may pursue the course of life in which Jesus Christ has chosen for him/her and, thus, be a beneficial and valuable asset to society.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-8 | 549 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225) 926-4885 4.7 PK-8
- Baton Rouge Grades: 1-12 | 141 students
12108 Parkmeadow Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225) 291-2524 1.5 1-12
This one of the best choice I made for my kids. The received child-centered education and teachers are wonderful, however, they always skip my son when they take the kids pictures during activities, that makes wonder why. I spoke to the teacher and they put one or two on Facebook and that was it. He always feels sad when I look on Facebook and he sees his classmates but never sees his picture. Is it that intentional? Is there a possibility the person who posts just don`t like him?
- Posted by Parent - Lo
Both my daughters have been apart of BCS Lions for 3 years. They love the school and I am very happy and please with all of the staff. The teachers and staff really care about the kids. I couldn't imagine placing them anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
I have three toddlers in Bethany's Cub Club. My husband and I are constantly impressed with the Christ-centered learning environment at Cub Club that is fostered by their caring staff. Our children's teachers are great with communicating how our little ones are doing. I love getting a "recap" of the day and seeing the learning projects and crafts they have worked on when I pick them up. My husband loves the written report sheet we get daily for each child that sums up details of their day. My two year olds will randomly start singing their ABC's, Bible songs, or "Happy Birthday" in the vehicle on the way to school. On the weekends they ask me "Are we going see our friends?" referring to their Cub Club classmates - it's so sweet! When we pray for their teachers at night, the smiles on their faces are priceless when they recognize their teachers' names and say them. We love seeing our little ones flourish not only academically and socially but also in their relationship with Jesus.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of Multiples
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.