Bethany Christian Schools
Tel: (574) 534-2567
Bethany Christian Schools is a dynamic learning community that integrates faith development with academic excellence.
Grounded in Mennonite values, Bethany equips students for Christian discipleship in the church and around the world.
Bethany is highly regarded for its academic excellence, community and friendship, dedicated faculty, and holistic education--nurturing the academic, artistic, social, and spiritual gifts of students and providing multiple opportunities for students to develop their skills and interests in areas such as art, theater, music, and athletics simultaneously.
Bethany is a diverse school and admits qualified students of any religious affiliation, race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||295 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English 12 Advanced, Biology, Chemistry|
|Average SAT score||1176|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Trish Yoder|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Superbowl, Chess, Debate and Speech, Ecology Club, Science Olympiad
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Choir, Instrumental Music Performance Groups, Musical, Theater
- Academic Excellence. Through innovative student-oriented education, Bethany empowers all students to embrace skills for life-long learning. Bethany provides challenging experiential learning at all levels, including advanced courses in all core subject areas and the fine arts as well as personalized academic assistance for students. Our graduates are accepted into top-ranked universities and liberal arts colleges. Over 90% of our graduates choose to enter college immediately, while others choose to first engage in church/community service or their chosen career. A 2009 graduate attending the no. 1 ranked liberal arts college in the U.S. says, "Bethany's high academic standards and encouragement to participate in extracurricular opportunities prepared me to handle the intense and rigorous coursework at college while continuing my involvement in extracurriculars. At Bethany I learned to manage my time well, think critically and deeply, work collaboratively with other students, and push myself to succeed."
- Community and Friendship: Within a diverse faith-based community, Bethany fosters respectful and compassionate relationships that build a safe and trusting environment. The expectation is that we do things together: learn, work, serve, play, and worship. Teachers become more than just teachers-they become friends. At Bethany, people take an interest in each other and build lasting friendships that provide a sense of belonging.
- Dedicated Faculty: Teaching at Bethany is not just a job, but a calling. Our teachers, coaches, and staff model Christ's love to students and incorporate faith into the classroom, athletics, and daily work. They help students form a framework of values within the context of the world around them so that they may thoughtfully explore lifestyle and spiritual commitments, seeking a faith they can own.
- Personal Development: We nurture the academic, artistic, social, and spiritual gifts of all students to further God's work in the world. As a small school, Bethany students have multiple opportunities to develop their skills and interests in areas such as art, theater, music, and athletics simultaneously. Teachers and coaches mentor students to cultivate their skills through a process that provides goals, teaching tools, and evaluation of skills for students in their various roles. As one junior transfer said, "I have fallen in love with Bethany. Everyone knows everyone. There is a close feeling. Teachers are concerned with my life. I feel an openness to talk with them if I have a need. The community is awesome."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Goshen Grades: PK-12 | 203 students
61763 County Road 35
Goshen, IN 46528
(574) 642-3940 6.1 PK-12
- Goshen Grades: PK-5 | 153 students
117 W Monroe St
Goshen, IN 46526
(574) 533-9480 2.5 PK-5
- Elkhart Grades: PK-12 | 516 students
25943 County Road 22
Elkhart, IN 46517
(574) 293-1609 9.5 PK-12
- Warsaw Grades: PK-6 | 205 students
135 N Harrison St
Warsaw, IN 46580
(574) 267-5874 21.2 PK-6
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.