Bethany Christian Schools
- Bethany Christian Schools is a dynamic learning community that integrates faith development with academic excellence.
- Grounded in Mennonite values, Bethany equips students for Christian discipleship in the church and around the world.
- Bethany is highly regarded for its academic excellence, community and friendship, dedicated faculty, and holistic education--nurturing the academic, artistic, social, and spiritual gifts of students and providing multiple opportunities for students to develop their skills and interests in areas such as art, theater, music, and athletics simultaneously.
- Bethany is a diverse school and admits qualified students of any religious affiliation, race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||295 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English 12 Advanced, Biology, Chemistry,|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Kraybill LInd|
|Admissions Associate||SaeJin Lee|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Superbowl, Chess, Concert Choir, Debate and Speech, Ecology Club, Instrumental Music Performance Groups, Musical, Science Olympiad, Theater Chess, Concert Choir, Ecology Club, Musical, Theater, Academic Superbowl,|
Debate and Speech,
Instrumental Music Performance Groups,
- Academic Excellence. Through innovative student-oriented education, Bethany empowers all students to embrace skills for life-long learning. Bethany provides challenging experiential learning at all levels, including advanced courses in all core subject areas and the fine arts as well as personalized academic assistance for students. Our graduates are accepted into top-ranked universities and liberal arts colleges. Over 90% of our graduates choose to enter college immediately, while others choose to first engage in church/community service or their chosen career. A 2009 graduate attending the no. 1 ranked liberal arts college in the U.S. says, "Bethany's high academic standards and encouragement to participate in extracurricular opportunities prepared me to handle the intense and rigorous coursework at college while continuing my involvement in extracurriculars. At Bethany I learned to manage my time well, think critically and deeply, work collaboratively with other students, and push myself to succeed."
- Community and Friendship: Within a diverse faith-based community, Bethany fosters respectful and compassionate relationships that build a safe and trusting environment. The expectation is that we do things together: learn, work, serve, play, and worship. Teachers become more than just teachers-they become friends. At Bethany, people take an interest in each other and build lasting friendships that provide a sense of belonging.
- Dedicated Faculty: Teaching at Bethany is not just a job, but a calling. Our teachers, coaches, and staff model Christ's love to students and incorporate faith into the classroom, athletics, and daily work. They help students form a framework of values within the context of the world around them so that they may thoughtfully explore lifestyle and spiritual commitments, seeking a faith they can own.
- Personal Development: We nurture the academic, artistic, social, and spiritual gifts of all students to further God's work in the world. As a small school, Bethany students have multiple opportunities to develop their skills and interests in areas such as art, theater, music, and athletics simultaneously. Teachers and coaches mentor students to cultivate their skills through a process that provides goals, teaching tools, and evaluation of skills for students in their various roles. As one junior transfer said, "I have fallen in love with Bethany. Everyone knows everyone. There is a close feeling. Teachers are concerned with my life. I feel an openness to talk with them if I have a need. The community is awesome."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WarsawGrades: PK-6 | 160 students
909 S Buffalo St
Warsaw, IN 46580
- GoshenGrades: NS-12 | 206 students
61763 County Road 35
Goshen, IN 46528
- ElkhartGrades: PK-12 | 457 students
25943 County Road 22
Elkhart, IN 46517
- WarsawGrades: PK-6 | 212 students
135 N Harrison St
Warsaw, IN 46580
- GoshenGrades: PK-5 | 150 students
117 W Monroe St
Goshen, IN 46526
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.