Big Cove Christian Academy
- In the fall of 1957, the Audubon Heights Church School opened with Ms. Laura Barnes as its first teacher.
- By 1979, the school needed a larger facility. The Audubon Heights property was sold and a country school purchased in the Big Cove area.
- The name of the school was changed to Big Cove Junior Academy.
- Big Cove Christian Academy offers grades- Kindergarten through Ninth. Each year, 25 to 35 students enjoy the benefits of a Christian education at Big Cove Christian Academy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-10|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Grades: K-12 | 66 students
4217 9th Ave SW
Huntsville, AL 35805
(256)539-1772 8.5 K-12
- Huntsville Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
1699 Old Dry Creek Rd
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)837-5266 12.6 PK-8
- Huntsville Grades: PK-8 | 243 students
2300 Beasley Ave NW
Huntsville, AL 35816
(256)539-5221 8 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.