Big Cove Christian Academy
- In the fall of 1957, the Audubon Heights Church School opened with Ms. Laura Barnes as its first teacher.
- By 1979, the school needed a larger facility. The Audubon Heights property was sold and a country school purchased in the Big Cove area.
- The name of the school was changed to Big Cove Junior Academy.
- Big Cove Christian Academy offers grades- Kindergarten through Ninth. Each year, 25 to 35 students enjoy the benefits of a Christian education at Big Cove Christian Academy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-10|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Grades: K-12 | 66 students
4217 9th Ave SW
Huntsville, AL 35805
(256)539-1772 8.5 K-12
- Huntsville Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
1699 Old Dry Creek Rd
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)837-5266 12.6 PK-8
- Huntsville Grades: PK-8 | 243 students
2300 Beasley Ave NW
Huntsville, AL 35816
(256)539-5221 8 PK-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?