Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 230 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- For over 60 years, Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School has been a welcoming community of faithful learners dedicated to the continued formation of the total person according to the Gospel. Through this Catholic tradition, supported by parental involvement, the school promotes values, character, and self-discipline. A challenging academic environment with a college preparatory curriculum enables each student to become a contributing member of society.Mission. The mission of Bishop Gorman Catholic School is the fulfillment of the educational ministry of the Catholic Church and has as its primary goal the ongoing formation of the Christian person. It aims at the development of the individual's moral, intellectual, social, cultural, and physical endowments.
- College Preparation. 100% of Bishop Gorman graduates in the Class of 2018 were accepted to post-secondary academic institutions or career training programs. The Class of 2018 received more than $7 million in college scholarship offers spread out of 75% of the class. Recent Gorman alumni are studying at or have graduated from: Yale, New York University, Princeton, Columbia, Duke University, Boston Conservatory, Sarah Lawrence College, Cornell, Dartmouth, The University of Notre Dame, University of Texas at Austin, Texas A & M University, Trinity University, Baylor University, West Point Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Case-Western Reserve, Florida Tech, Purdue, Creighton University, Austin College, SMU, TCU, University of Michigan, Georgia Tech, University of Pennsylvania, Rice University, Gonzaga University, Millsaps, University of Alabama, St. Louis University, Franciscan University, St. Edward`s University, and many others. The class 2016 earned over $6,766,000 in scholarship offers.
- Student Activities. Co-curricular activities include: Ambassadors Club, Student Ministry, Drama Club, Yearbook, Student Government, Biology Club, Math Club, Band, National Honor Society, Visual Arts, Pre-Med Club, Pro-Life Club, Academic Team, Choir, Skeet, International Students Club, Football, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Dance, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Swimming, Track and Field, and Tennis.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School often compared to?
Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like All Saints Episcopal School by visitors of our site.
What sports does Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School offer?
Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School offers 13 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Texas for most sports offered.
What is Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School's ranking?
Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for: Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School?
The application deadline for Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards