Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School
- For over 60 years, Bishop Thomas Gorman Catholic School has been a welcoming community of faithful learners dedicated to the continued formation of the total person according to the Gospel.
- Through this Catholic tradition, supported by parental involvement, the school promotes values, character, and self-discipline.
- A challenging academic environment with a college preparatory curriculum enables each student to become a contributing member of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jill Coan|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- For over 60 years, Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School has been a welcoming community of faithful learners dedicated to the continued formation of the total person according to the Gospel. Through this Catholic tradition, supported by parental involvement, the school promotes values, character, and self-discipline. A challenging academic environment with a college preparatory curriculum enables each student to become a contributing member of society.Mission. The mission of Bishop Gorman Catholic School is the fulfillment of the educational ministry of the Catholic Church and has as its primary goal the ongoing formation of the Christian person. It aims at the development of the individual's moral, intellectual, social, cultural, and physical endowments.
- College Preparation. 100% of Bishop Gorman graduates in the Class of 2018 were accepted to post-secondary academic institutions or career training programs. The Class of 2018 received more than $7 million in college scholarship offers spread out of 75% of the class. Recent Gorman alumni are studying at or have graduated from: Yale, New York University, Princeton, Columbia, Duke University, Boston Conservatory, Sarah Lawrence College, Cornell, Dartmouth, The University of Notre Dame, University of Texas at Austin, Texas A & M University, Trinity University, Baylor University, West Point Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Case-Western Reserve, Florida Tech, Purdue, Creighton University, Austin College, SMU, TCU, University of Michigan, Georgia Tech, University of Pennsylvania, Rice University, Gonzaga University, Millsaps, University of Alabama, St. Louis University, Franciscan University, St. Edward`s University, and many others. The class 2016 earned over $6,766,000 in scholarship offers.
- Student Activities. Co-curricular activities include: Ambassadors Club, Student Ministry, Drama Club, Yearbook, Student Government, Biology Club, Math Club, Band, National Honor Society, Visual Arts, Pre-Med Club, Pro-Life Club, Academic Team, Choir, Skeet, International Students Club, Football, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Dance, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Swimming, Track and Field, and Tennis.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.