Blue Ridge Therapeutic Wilderness
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (888) 914-1050
Blue Ridge`s licensed wilderness treatment program provides sophisticated clinical treatment in an immersive nomadic wilderness model.
Foundational transformation for families occurs through utilizing individualized clinical treatment, together with intensive family-focused support, and whole-body health and wellness.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Founded in 2002, Blue Ridge provides the most eective clinically integrated wilderness therapy experience for struggling adolescents, ages 13-18 and young adults, ages 18-30. Located in the North Georgia and Western North Carolina mountains, Blue Ridge`s licensed treatment program provides sophisticated clinical treatment in an immersive nomadic wilderness model. Foundational transformation for families occurs through utilizing individualized clinical treatment, together with intensive family-focused support, and whole-body health and wellness. Each therapist individualizes the wilderness therapy experience while Field Instructors integrate clinical recommendations into daily initiatives to establish positive group culture and opportunities for growth. Family Therapists address the family dynamics and improve communication between parents, siblings, and children throughout the process. A focus on whole-body health incorporates mindfulness practice into daily life, as well as intentional physical exercise, balanced nutrition and a whole foods diet. Highly individualized treatment plans include multidisciplinary assessment provided by licensed clinicians and clinical psychologist, individual and group therapy, and access to a consulting psychiatrist. All students have access to accredited, program integrated academics. Blue Ridge provides teens with a chance to heal and change within the wilderness, while simultaneously providing families with their own resources, growth work, experience, and community, in addition to assessment-driven treatment both in the eld and at home.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Blue Ridge Therapeutic Wilderness is Rabun-Gap Nacoochee School (3.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rabun Gap Grades: PK-12 | 642 students
339 Nacoochee Drive
Rabun Gap, GA 30568
(706) 746-7720 3.9 PK-12
- Mountain Rest Grades: 6-9 | 20 students
186 Brians Lake Rd
Mountain Rest, SC 29664
(864) 638-6005 11.8 6-9
- Franklin Grades: PK-8 | 69 students
98 Promise Ln
Franklin, NC 28734
(828) 369-6756 18.4 PK-8
If you're a wilderness environmentalist type, love hiking and to an extent community building person, then you'll love it. Otherwise it may be an overwhelming experience. I had to control my emotions as well as of those I was responsible for. Students could be unpredictable and spontaneous, but hey, it's the basic nature of our JD. Pay is good and seems reasonable with the tasks associated. Management is supportive throughout but yes it could be hard sometimes due to changing scenarios. If you're good at talking and understanding people, you may cherish this wilderness isolation for a long time. Job becomes tough sometime, but the pay is good. If you like outdoors and enjoy doing fieldwork, then you'll love Blue Ridge. Wilderness therapy programs tend to blend your extrovert side with the introvert aspects of the students. There is a reason their parents have chosen wilderness therapy as a "possible" form for bringing their beloved child back to "normalcy". The administration is supportive but has some challenges ready for you depending upon the cases you'll be assigned. Patience is the key to finding that right moment to engage with these troubled individuals. Anyway, I'll definitely recommend Blue Ridge therapeutic wilderness folks as a decent job provides. Thank you.
- Posted by Teacher - Lisa O Brian
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.