Tallulah Falls School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (706) 754-0400
Tallulah Falls School Photo #3 - The Players' (drama club) fall 2012 production of The Curious Savage.
- Tallulah Falls School's mission is to provide quality coeducational middle school and upper school programs for both boarding and day students.
- The school focuses on the development of intellect, character, and social well-being of each student. Emphasizing the student, the school is a partner with the parent/guardian in achieving success.
- The school has added almost $10 million in campus additions to accommodate the growth.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||529 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||College Dual Enrollment- Algebra 102, College Dual Enrollment- Biology 101 &102, College Dual Enrollment- Calculus 220 & 221, College Dual Enrollment- Chemistry 101 & 102, College Dual Enrollment- English 101 &102, College Dual Enrollment- Precalculus 116, College Dual Enrollment- Statistics A & B, College Dual Enrollment- US History 201 & 202, College Dual Enrollment- World History 101 & 102, College Latin - I - IV|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform requirements)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||$12,600 Day $37,000 Boarding $50,000 International|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kelly Woodall|
|Admissions Associate||Wendy Jackson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Creative Writing, Equestrian, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Interact Club, International Club, Juniorettes, Key Club, Math Club, Model UN Club, National Honor Society, Peer Tutor Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, GA Thespians Club
- Criteria for Admission Performing at or above grade level in his/her academic courses without special accommodations through IEP or 504 plans Demonstrate a commitment to academic achievement and personal development through overall academic GPA, consistent school attendance, participating in school activities, and no major disciplinary issues Express a natural curiosity and love for learning Desire to be a member of the TFS educational community and be an active participant within the community
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: 6-12 | 149 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
(770) 394-8177 74.6 6-12
- Lakeville Grades: PK-9 | 300 students
211 Indian Mountain Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860) 435-0871 730.7 PK-9
I am a parent of a 6th grade and 8th grade student. I simply can not say enough about TFS. My children are thriving and simply love their school! The faculty are truly interested in each student and care about their success. Class sizes are very small and have a "family" feel. Academics are challenging, preparing students for the next grade level and beyond. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. The facilities are beautiful and constantly growing/improving under the outstanding school leadership. Students are able to participate in many extracurricular activities. There are many sports offerings and students of all ability levels are able to participate. Students in middle school experience a class trip each year, learning out of the classroom is taken very seriously! If you are looking for a college prep middle/high school in North GA... this is it!
- Posted by Parent - offic
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?