Cherokee Creek Boys School
5.00 (1 review)
- At Cherokee Creek Boys School, our mission is to "challenge boys and their families to discover what is real and true about themselves and the world around them." Cherokee Creek Boys School is a warm, positive, nurturing learning community that offers the benefits of small enrollment, hands-on academics, therapy, counseling, recreation and a talented staff dedicated to helping boys find their way back to a life of balance and harmony.
- We do this by weaving time for fun, play and laughter; daily exercise; a balanced diet; music; love and support systems; creative outlets for hobbies and activities and time in nature into a healthy and healing living environment for students and staff.
- Our students are young and Cherokee Creek is a perfect place for "boys to be boys." Our wooded campus is surrounded by state and national parks and wildlife refuges that put boys in touch with the wonder of nature. The region boasts rugged, forested mountains, scenic lakes, gorgeous waterfalls, and some of the best whitewater rafting in the country.
- We strive to create a place where "boys can be boys," providing activities that can ignite their interest in learning and exploring, and have the potential to become life-long hobbies or interests.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$102,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition $8,500/month plus billed therapy sessions. A coded bill is provided with therapeutic services bills for parents to seek reimbursement from their insurance company.|
|Admissions Director||Shaler Black Cooper|
|Admissions Associate||Christy Swafford|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Climbing, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Bowling,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountaineering, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
and guitar lessons, Art Club, drums, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Rec League Sports Teams
Cherokee Creek Boys School (CCBS) is a AdvanceED-accredited, state-licensed therapeutic boarding school for boys, ages 11-15,grade 5-10 in Upstate, SC. Our students have a "softer profile" with challenges including, but not limited to: ADD/ADHD; depression; anxiety; oppositional behavior; learning style differences; high functioning Asperger`s; academic frustration or failure; issues related to divorce, adoption, abandonment, trauma and grief and loss. Our small enrollment (42 students), home-like lodge in the woods and warm, nurturing staff make CCBS the, "small school with a big heart," where boys can be boys. Our innovative P.A.T.H. curriculum leads students on a journey of self-discovery. Through a combination of integrated Personal Enrichment opportunities, Academics, Therapy, and Health and Recreation activities tailored to each individual, students gain insight, heal strained relationships, face their challenges and regain hope and confidence.
Program highlights include:
Program highlights include:
- Hands-On Integrated Academics addressing the diverse needs of students with exceptionalities
- Morning PE Class held before class to prepare the learner to learn
- PASSAGES: A transition curriculum that prepares the student to head home
- Community league athletics (soccer, basketball, x-country)
- Weekend outdoor adventure TREKS programs for students
- Family Seminars including sibling groups,
- Family TREKS for students, parents and siblings,
- Mother`s Retreats
- Father Son Events
- Mother Son Events
- Music lessons
- Foreign language class
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Georgetown Grades: Inquire with school | 15 students
510 Tara Hall Road
Georgetown, SC 29442
(843)546-3000 246 Inquire with school
- Walhalla Grades: PK-12 | 51 students
115 Worley Lane
Walhalla, SC 29691
(864)280-1282 13.9 PK-12
Cherokee Creek is truly the small school with the big heart - it is an amazing place. It saved our son and our family, giving us a new future. I will be forever grateful for the incredible support, guidance and care that every single staff member gave our whole family. I would highly recommend Cherokee Creek.
- Posted by Parent - carey
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.