Rabun Gap Nacoochee School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (706) 746-7467
- The Little School provides an education of unsurpassed excellence and inspires delight in learning, love of God, respect of community, and fulfillment of individual potential. Core Values: The school respects the infinite worth and dignity of each child.Christian values contribute to students` ethical awareness to promote kindness and respect as our norm of behavior. Academic programs challenge students by emphasizing the pursuit of individual excellence and inspiring delight in lifelong learning. Fine arts and languages enhance the academic program and encourage creative and analytical thinking. The school encourages cooperative partnerships among the student, family, faculty, and staff. Students impact the world around them through community outreach and service to others.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||484 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||103 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies per grade level|
National avg.: 85%
- At TLS, we provide more than just a place to learn, we provide meaningful learning experiences which allow students to create their own educational journey. All programs, preschool through primary grades, are accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, which ensures our facility and faculty meet specific standards towards maintaining a highly-qualified institution. Teachers equip students with the tools they will need to become successful. Our focus is the PROCESS which assists in emerging the product.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Airy Grades: NS-12 | 34 students
243 Hazel Creek Church Rd
Mount Airy, GA 30563
(706) 894-2404 3.6 NS-12
- Lilburn Grades: PK-1 | 68 students
4515 Stone Mountain Hwy
Lilburn, GA 30047
(678) 526-0160 62.9 PK-1
There's no place like the The Little School! Not only are teachers excited to teach, but students are eager to learn! From academics to community outreach events, students receive a well rounded education at The Little School!
- Posted by Teacher - ansle
We are in our seventh year here and could not be more thrilled! The teachers are so fantastic! With such small class sizes, teachers are able to focus on the individual child to academically challenge them and also to support them in their weaker areas. I love the fact my children are in Chapel each week along with daily devotions, music, art, Spanish, and P.E. We simply love The Little School!
- Posted by Parent - drheu
Our son Tristin has attended this school for 4 years. I can honestly say this has been the best choice we could have made as parents. The values and education our son receives there are outstanding. Best school in NE Ga by far.
- Posted by Parent - gayla
Very high academic standards for all types of learners. Faculty is very professional, caring, and involved in the lives of the students. Students are exposed and taught through various art, Spanish, and music classes. TLS is a fabulous environment for my child and I absolutely love the community involvement.
- Posted by Parent - Shane
Highly qualified teachers and accredited program. Curriculum includes Spanish, Theater, Art, Music and Physical Education. TLS parents for 10 years and can not imagine sending my children ANYWHERE else!!!
- Posted by Parent - wjack
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.