Rabun-Gap Nacoochee School
Tel: (706) 746-7720
- Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School is one of the top private boarding and day schools in the United States.With students and faculty from more than 50 countries and 15 states, Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School brings culture and community to the mountains of Northeast Georgia, Centrally located between Atlanta, GA, Greenville, SC, and Asheville, NC, Rabun Gap is the ideal setting for young learners to thrive.
- We`re home to a loving community of faculty and 600 students from around the world.
- We develop leaders and global citizens who are inspired and prepared to take on the challenges of college and life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||600 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, Art, Art History, Biology, Calculus A/B, Calculus B/C, Chemistry, English Lanuage, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, French Literature, Modern European History, Physics, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, United States History|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo shirt with logo and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 7 / Feb. 8 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,590|
|Tuition Notes||Lower School Day Student (Grades PreK-5) $9,470Middle School Day Student (Grades 6-8) $19,100Upper School Day Student (Grades 9-12) $21,600Middle School Domestic Boarding Student (Grades 6-8) $59,700Upper School Domestic Boarding Student (Grades 9-12) $55,900Middle and Upper School International Boarding Student $62,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||DaRel Christiansen|
|Admissions Associate||Sherry Richardson|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Soccer,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cirque, Community Service, Dance, Drama, Environmental Stewardship Program, Orchestra, Outdoor Club, Stage Craft, Vocal ensemble|
- Our 1,400 acre campus is nestled in the Appalachians with stunning mountain views. There`s plenty of room to explore and expand with our on-campus lake, climbing tower, cross country trails, and more.
- We`re committed to making a Rabun Gap education a reality for families regardless of income - it`s what sets us apart from other independent schools. More than 75% of students receive financial assistance.
- At Rabun Gap, learning extends beyond the classroom walls. Across all three divisions, our teachers engage students in thoughtful exploration across our 1,400 acre campus. Hike the Appalachian Trail, build a drone in STEAM class, travel across the world, launch rockets.
- Your classmates will come from across town and around the world. We`re one of the most globally diverse schools in the United States, with students coming from 50 different countries!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 1894 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
(404) 609-6202 97.2 K-12
- Rome Grades: PK-12 | 691 students
1014 Cave Spring Rd SW
Rome, GA 30161
(706) 235-6051 113.9 PK-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?