Mill Springs Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Mill Springs Academy Photo #2 - Our 85 acre campus with track, tennis courts, baseball field, cross country trail, soccer field and lacrosse fields.
- Mill Springs Academy is a value-based educational community dedicated to the academic, physical and social growth of those students who have not realized their full potential in traditional classroom settings.
- Mill Springs Academy provides a carefully structured environment within a warm, supportive atmosphere.
- Our approach revolves around an environment that includes our Community Structure, daily values groups, individualized contracts and Life Space Interview techniques.
- Mill Springs Academy bases learning strategies on Academic Plans developed for each student by our multidisciplinary faculty.
- Learning strategies are generated from psycho-educational evaluations, previous school records, diagnostic skills assessment, observations, communication with other professionals involved with the student and our continuing experiences with the student.
- Mill Springs Academy is committed to a comprehensive program that is multifaceted and meets the needs of the child.
Mill Springs Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADHD, Language problems, Mild Learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer School and Summer Camp are both available|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and tuck shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,000|
|Tuition Notes||Fees do not include required laptop, bus transportation, lunch, uniforms|
|Admissions Director||Sheila Fitzgerald|
|Admissions Associate||Cheri Harwood|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Why Choose MSA
- MSA's values are based on Judeo-Christian principals.
- MSA offers a structured, nurturing environment.
- MSA's program is dedicated to preparing your student for college.
- MSA offers a community-wide social curriculum.
- MSA stresses technology as a tool for learning.
- MSA encourages participation in athletics and fine arts.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roswell Grades: 4-12 | 257 students
700 Grimes Bridge Road
Roswell, GA 30075
(770)641-8688 6.9 4-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 287 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)377-7436 22.9 K-12
- Alpharetta Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
225 Roswell Street
Alpharetta, GA 30009
(770)772-4555 5.1 PK-12
This school is incredible. It has a loving and supportive environment. Good academic rigor and the teachers truly care about the students.
- Posted by Parent - Charles J.
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.