- Boston School is a national private school based in California that serves homeschoolers through our independent study programs.
- We offer elementary, junior high and high school programs. High school diplomas, transcripts and transfer assistance are available.
- Boston School is accredited by NALSAS, The National Association for the Legal Support of Alternative Schools.
- NALSAS is a branch of NCACS, The National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools.
- Boston School supplies a typical course of study for member families.
- This course of study outlines the common concepts generally offered at each grade level.
- Members may then use standard textbooks, computer programs, materials from home, community and library or other alternative sources to present these concepts to their students.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 706-7086 378.5 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323) 771-9135 79.9 PK-8
- Calabasas Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818) 880-8820 108.4 PK-8
- Chatsworth Grades: PK-8 | 155 students
11070 Old Santa Susana Pass Rd
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 886-5831 102.1 PK-8
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.