- Boston School is a national private school based in California that serves homeschoolers through our independent study programs.
- We offer elementary, junior high and high school programs. High school diplomas, transcripts and transfer assistance are available.
- Boston School is accredited by NALSAS, The National Association for the Legal Support of Alternative Schools.
- NALSAS is a branch of NCACS, The National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools.
- Boston School supplies a typical course of study for member families.
- This course of study outlines the common concepts generally offered at each grade level.
- Members may then use standard textbooks, computer programs, materials from home, community and library or other alternative sources to present these concepts to their students.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 378.5 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-11 | 161 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323)771-9135 79.9 PK-11
- Calabasas Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818)880-8820 108.4 PK-8
- Chatsworth Grades: PK-8 | 150 students
11070 Old Santa Susana Pass Rd
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818)886-5831 102.1 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.