- Boston School is a national private school based in California that serves homeschoolers through our independent study programs.
- We offer elementary, junior high and high school programs. High school diplomas, transcripts and transfer assistance are available.
- Boston School is accredited by NALSAS, The National Association for the Legal Support of Alternative Schools.
- NALSAS is a branch of NCACS, The National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools.
- Boston School supplies a typical course of study for member families.
- This course of study outlines the common concepts generally offered at each grade level.
- Members may then use standard textbooks, computer programs, materials from home, community and library or other alternative sources to present these concepts to their students.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 378.5 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-11 | 161 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323)771-9135 79.9 PK-11
- Calabasas Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818)880-8820 108.4 PK-8
- Chatsworth Grades: PK-8 | 150 students
11070 Old Santa Susana Pass Rd
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818)886-5831 102.1 PK-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.