Carden Arbor View School
- Carden Arbor View School is an independent, non-profit, non-sectarian school located in Upland, California.
- We believe that "teaching the whole child" is a must as we are preparing children not just for high school but for life.
- To that end, Carden Arbor View School employs the teaching materials and methodologies of Miss Mae Carden.
- We provide children with a strong foundation, preparing them for a lifetime of learning.
- Our required academic program includes art, music, drama, foreign language, physical education, motor development, and computer education in addition to the basic core subjects.
- Additionally, we thoughtfully weave Miss Carden's "3 r's", reason, respect, and responsibility, throughout the curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Carden Educational Foundation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,265|
|Tuition Notes||All inclusive tuition includes textbooks, workbooks, literature books, classroom supplies & materials, science/art/music materials, student activities including parties, school testing (ERB), assemblies with supplemental programs, outdoor education trips|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Cathy Edwards|
|Admissions Associate||Terri DiMarco|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rancho Cucamonga Grades: PK-8 | 275 students
9974 19th Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
(909)989-2804 4.3 PK-8
- Claremont Grades: K-8 | 405 students
611 West Bonita Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)626-7135 3.9 K-8
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 352.6 4-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?