Western Christian High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Established in 1920, Western Christian High School provides outstanding academics in a Christ-centered environment.
- WCHS boasts a 100% graduation rate with 95% to 100% of our graduates accepted to the college or university of their choice.
- Western Christian High School is located on a beautiful campus in Upland, California.
- Besides the excellent classroom facilities with cutting-edge technology (including SmartBoards, iPads/tablets in the classroom) WCHS has a well-appointed gymnasium and beautiful athletic field.
- Western Christian has a moderate population of students who come from all over the world with a total enrollment of approximately 400 students in grades 9-12. WCHS offers over 14 Honors and AP courses with various extra-curricular activities, including S.T.E.M., CSF, NHS, NEHS, Interact Rotary International Service Club, Art Club, Ceramics Club, and Drama Club. Our international program currently hosts students from 7 different countries. WCHS students receive a global education where they are exposed to other cultures and beliefs.
- We believe that we are helping to create future world leaders.
Western Christian High School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||420 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language & Composition, AP Government & Politics, AP Spanish Language & Composition, AP Statistics, AP US History, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors Economics, Honors English 9th and 10th grade|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,020|
|Tuition Notes||International students grade 9-12 pay a different tuition rate. Contact LNelson for details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Cristina Kennedy, Admissions Coordinator|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Weightlifting, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agricultural Club, Art Club, Associated Student Body, California Scholarship Federation, Christian Literature Club, Class Council, Debate Club, FCA: Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Film Club, Future Business Leaders of America Club, Future Doctors of America, Green Team, International Culture Club, Math Club, National English Honor Society, National Honor Society, Poetry Club, Tech Crew Club, Thespian Society
Arts and Music Programs:
- Strong Academics Offerings
- Small Class Sizes
- Low Teacher-Student Ratio (average 17:1)
- Safe Environment
- Christ-Centered Community
- Diversity and Respect
- Dual Accreditation (WASC and ACSI)
- Highly Qualified Teaching Staff
- Cutting Edge Technology
- Championship Athletics
- International Program with 4 levels of ESL
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Claremont Grades: 9-12 | 410 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)482-5214 5.2 9-12
- La Verne Grades: 9-12 | 944 students
2280 Damien Avenue
La Verne, CA 91750
(909)596-1946 7.8 9-12
- Ontario Grades: K-12 | 1153 students
931 W Philadelphia St
Ontario, CA 91762
(909)984-1756 4.4 K-12
Western Christian High School has been a true blessing for our son. Teachers are all loving and caring, academics are fantastic and the facilities are top notch. I like that my son is not a number, he is treated with the love of Christ everyday, and that means more to me than anything. Administration is fantastic!
- Posted by Parent - David W
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.