Alta Loma Christian School
Tel: (909) 989-2804
Alta Loma Christian School Photo #7 - On-campus health fair hosted by Keck Graduate Institute (Claremont).
Alta Loma Christian School features an outstanding, rigorous academic program in the context of a distinctly biblical worldview, for 2-year-old preschool through 8th grade.
Dually accredited by ACSI and WASC, Nationally-Distinguished Model School for reading, 2014.
A leading-edge ed tech school, ALCS became one of the first schools in California to teach computer coding to all students, 3-year-old PS through 8th (began 2015-2016).
Safe, secure, gated campus. Selected a Best of the Best Inland Empire private school 2017, 2918, 2019; Voted Best and/or Favorite private school, preschool, daycare program, and workplace in Inland Valley since 2013.
Middle school STEM Space Science and Engineering Team placed robotic software experiment on the International Space Station in 2017 and 2018, via SpaceX and Quest for Space Project. ALCS' third history-making STEM experiment is set to travel to the ISS in fall 2019.
Middle school graduating classes score more than four years ahead of the national average on national standardized tests (April 2017).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning challenges|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please see our website for summer rates.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,325|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for a detailed list of tuition rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Olivia Cleland|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Betty Mutchler|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Chosen Girls- Bible Study, Mad Science, Robotics, Spanish Explorers, STEM Program - Eagle Beta Pi Applied Computing, STEM Program - Rocketry, STEM Program - Space Science & Engineering, Success through Chess, The Bridge - Bible Study for boys
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance & Sacred Dance, Joyful Song Choir, Music Lessons, Worship Band, Young Rembrandts Art Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Chozen Martial Arts, Interscholastic Sports, Intramural Sports
- "21st Century Skills. 1st Century Faith. Alta Loma Christian School."
- "Not just a school you attend. A family you belong to. Alta Loma Christian School. Welcome home!"
- *Dually and Fully Accredited by ASCI and WASC*
- *Test Scores in the Top 10% of the Nation*
- Small Class Sizes
- Qualified, Professional Christian Teachers - All ACSI Nationally Certified
- Biblical, Christian Wordlview, Biblically-Integrated Curriculum
- Character Development
- Weekly Chapel
- Safe, Secure, Gated, Video-Monitored Campus
- Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Math
- Adaptive Standardized Testing
- Leading-Edge Computer and Technology Program for All Students
- Computer Coding Taught at All Grade Levels, Preschool-8th Grade
- STEM Progam in Space Science and Engineering, with the grade 4-8 STEM team placing robotic software experiment on the Internaitonal Space Station in 2017 & 2018 via SpaceX and Quest for Space Project, with a third experiment scheduled for fall 2019
- The Eagle Center for Creativity and Innovation (TECCI) founded in 2015 as a catalyst and incubator for new student endeavors in Arts & Sciences
- Library, Bible, Music, Spanish (Middle School), Art, and Physical Education
- Large Athletic Field and Multiple Playgrounds
- After-School Sports, incluidng Interscholastic Athletics
- Before and After School Care
- Summer Program blends Academics and Activities
- School Uniforms
- Approved to issue I-20s, International Student Program
- Beautiful View of the San Gabriel Mountains
- Multiple Carson National Scholar Award Recipients
- Selected Best of the Best Inland Empire private school, 2017, 2018, 2019; Voted Best and/or Favorite Private School, Preschool, Daycare Center, and Workplace Annually since 2013
- Numerous After School Activities and ACSI Student Activities/Events
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Upland Grades: K-8 | 193 students
1530 North San Antonio Ave
Upland, CA 91786
(909) 982-9919 4.3 K-8
- Ontario Grades: K-12 | 1153 students
931 W Philadelphia St
Ontario, CA 91762
(909) 984-1756 8.2 K-12
- Rancho Cucamonga Grades: 8-12 | 24 students
9229 Utica Ave ste 130
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
(909) 483-8255 3.4 8-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.