Brandon School & Residental Treatment
Brandon School & Residential Treatment Center provides exceptional services for male students with emotional and behavioral health needs and learning difficulties.
In addition, Brandon is a leader in the development of services for boys involved in dangerous or reckless firesetting behavior.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-12
- Students: 47 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Brandon Residential Treatment Center has been a leader in the development of services for boys involved in dangerous or reckless fire setting behavior. The Rapid Firesetting Assessment Service at Brandon offers the most comprehensive and evidence-based assessment of problem fire setting that is available within a short-term residential setting. Brandon Residential Treatment Center has been providing comprehensive and specialized treatment for problematic and dangerous fire setting behavior since 2001. Brandon's Intensive Firesetting Treatment Program offers a fire-safe, staff-secure environment on the Main Campus for boys whose fire setting behaviors are determined to be unmanageable in the community or in a less restrictive placement. Brandon's primary goal is to provide boys with exceptional therapeutic services that will help them to move as quickly as possible to a less restrictive school and home setting. Accordingly, the scope of our services extends not only to the boy as an individual, but also to his family. In a safe and supportive setting, we provide external structure to help boys control their behavior and the treatment necessary to help them understand their feelings and internalize their own behavioral controls. At school, boys gain academic skills necessary to build self-confidence. Simultaneously, intensive work with families is designed to successfully reunify and reintegrate boys back into their homes and communities. Brandon places significant emphasis on permanency planning. Each of our programmatic elements prepares boys to succeed alongside peers when they return to their communities.
Endorse Brandon School & Residental Treatment. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.