Brandon School & Residental Treatment
- Brandon School & Residential Treatment Center provides exceptional services for male students with emotional and behavioral health needs and learning difficulties.
- In addition, Brandon is a leader in the development of services for boys involved in dangerous or reckless firesetting behavior.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Porter|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Flag Football, SoftballFlag Football, Softball,|
- Brandon Residential Treatment Center has been a leader in the development of services for boys involved in dangerous or reckless fire setting behavior. The Rapid Firesetting Assessment Service at Brandon offers the most comprehensive and evidence-based assessment of problem fire setting that is available within a short-term residential setting. Brandon Residential Treatment Center has been providing comprehensive and specialized treatment for problematic and dangerous fire setting behavior since 2001. Brandon's Intensive Firesetting Treatment Program offers a fire-safe, staff-secure environment on the Main Campus for boys whose fire setting behaviors are determined to be unmanageable in the community or in a less restrictive placement. Brandon's primary goal is to provide boys with exceptional therapeutic services that will help them to move as quickly as possible to a less restrictive school and home setting. Accordingly, the scope of our services extends not only to the boy as an individual, but also to his family. In a safe and supportive setting, we provide external structure to help boys control their behavior and the treatment necessary to help them understand their feelings and internalize their own behavioral controls. At school, boys gain academic skills necessary to build self-confidence. Simultaneously, intensive work with families is designed to successfully reunify and reintegrate boys back into their homes and communities. Brandon places significant emphasis on permanency planning. Each of our programmatic elements prepares boys to succeed alongside peers when they return to their communities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- NewtonvilleGrades: 6-12 | 38 students
360 Lowell Ave
Newtonville, MA 02460
- West NewtonGrades: 6-12 | 32 students
61 Chestnut St
West Newton, MA 02465
- BrooklineGrades: 8-12 | 37 students
200 Ivy Street
Brookline, MA 02446
- BostonGrades: 9-12 | 172 students
One University Road
Boston, MA 02215
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.