- At Sudbury Valley School, students from preschool through high school age explore the world freely, at their own pace and in their own unique ways.
- They learn to think for themselves, and learn to use information age tools to unearth the knowledge they need from multiple sources.
- They develop the ability to make clear logical arguments, and deal with complex ethical issues.
- Through self-initiated activities, they pick up the basics; as they direct their lives, they take responsibility for outcomes, set priorities, allocate resources, and work with others in a vibrant community. Trust and respect are the keys to the school's success.
- Students enjoy total intellectual freedom, and unfettered interaction with other students and adults.
- Through being responsible for themselves and for the school's operation, they gain the internal resources needed to lead effective lives.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(no dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,900|
|Tuition Notes||sliding scale for siblings|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Hanna Greenberg|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FraminghamGrades: PK-6 | 46 students
360 Water Street
Framingham, MA 01705
NatickGrades: 2-12 | 39 students
27 Winter St
Natick, MA 01760
Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
FraminghamGrades: 7-12 | 28 students
1 Frederick Abbott Way
Framingham, MA 01701
BostonGrades: 9-12 | 172 students
One University Road
Boston, MA 02215