Brenwood Academy is a co-educational, independent day school offering a safe, nurturing, and fun environment for children to learn and develop at their own pace, and is committed to offering these opportunities for infants through fifth grade.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Enrollment: 254 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition dependent on grade or classroom. This also dictates student teacher ratio.
- Brenwood Academy envisions a challenging but age appropriate curriculum, exceeding state and national standards that combine foundational knowledge and leading edge technology, in an inclusive and diverse environment that simulates learning, creativity and imagination. Small class size and state certified professional teachers and trained and experienced Early Childhood professionals make up the teaching staff. An excellent foundation of academics is paramount for every student with an emphasis placed on age appropriate and developmentally rich learning experiences. The Pre-K program through 5thgrade programs place an emphasis on “learning through doing” and “hands on” experiences, with an elementary program that include phonics, handwriting, creative writing, reading and strong reading comprehension strategies. A well-rounded program of math, science, social studies, foreign language, physical education, music and art is included in this balanced curriculum. Brenwood Academy is currently accredited by AdvancED/SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), through district accreditation received in 2010. This very important accreditation indicates the school district’s commitment to excellence and demonstrates a proven level of quality throughout its programs.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Brenwood Academy?
The application deadline for Brenwood Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Brenwood Academy is a wonderful educational institution. The private school offers Pre K - 5th grade. The small class sizes lend to one on one individualized attention in a loving environment.
Endorse Brenwood Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.