Brick Church School
Tel: (212) 289-5683
- The Brick Church School was founded by The Brick Presbyterian Church in 1940 to provide an early childhood education program for the children of members of the Church.
- It soon expanded to include children from the surrounding community.
- In 1985, a goal was established that 10% of the students receive financial assistance, a standard which the School has consistently exceeded.
- As an integral part of the life and mission of the Church, the School conducts a weekly chapel service where children are encouraged to live in relationship with each other and the world in light of God's love for them and all things.
- In an atmosphere of warmth and mutual respect, teachers strive to help each child to function as a member of a community, to understand their own and other's rights and needs, and to enjoy playing and working with peers.
- The school aspires to enhance the children's self-confidence through appreciation of their ventures in all areas and through a concerted effort to develop their independence so that they can exercise a growing control over themselves and their ability to influence their environment positively.
- A sense of order in the classroom makes this possible; children are taught what is expected of them and where to find the resources they need.
- The children's developmental needs and interests form the basis of the curriculum.
- Continual assessment of the children and curriculum leads to a flexible program in which each child is appropriately challenged.
- The school strives for the best balance between freedom of choice for the child and teacher direction so that children learn to make choices as well as to follow instructions.
- Children are guided to insure they experience all areas of the curriculum.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS | 85 students
251 W 100th St
New York, NY 10025
(212) 316-1555 1.2 NS
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
12 E 89th Street
New York, NY 10128
(212) 369-0058 0.2 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.