- Bridges Montessori Academy views each child as a unique individual and one to be respected for that uniqueness.
- Bridges offers an environment which allows for the natural unfolding of the child and builds a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Through a carefully prepared environment and curriculum, the child is exposed to a variety of experiences and materials.
- Each is designed to nurture the child's absorbent mind and foster his total development.
- Bridges provides an interdisciplinary manipulative-oriented experience which facilitates independence, self-confidence, self-learning and respect.
- Each program offers a unique meshing of learning styles which keep pace with the individual educational needs of the child in today's society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
State or regional independent school association
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jan Dangles|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Barrington Grades: PK-5 | 70 students
1410 S. Barrington Rd.
Barrington, IL 60010
(847)382-2812 19.4 PK-5
- Bartlett Grades: PK-K | 40 students
379 Bartlett Plz
Bartlett, IL 60103
(630)830-8940 8.9 PK-K
- Buffalo Grove Grades: PK-K | 92 students
950 Ellen Dr
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
(847)541-8111 24.3 PK-K
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.